Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best beaches near singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Phuket is possibly the most crowded place in Thailand outside Bangkok. It's overbuilt and doesn't have the infrastructure to support the number of tourists who go there each year. Plus, the tuk-tuk mafia.
Affirmative. Plus endemic cheating and scamming of tourists - including supposed 4* hotels where cleaning staff conspires with front desk to steal/break items in your room when you are gone and at the checkout you are told that 'oh a a tea spoon, a napkin holder or towel is missing' and present you bill to pay for those 'missing/broken' items with eye watering prices - like US $20 for a tea spoon or $25 for napkin holder.

Was there once and promised myself not to ever step foot there again.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:30 am

Best Beaches in Singapore

Hey, that's nice. I will advise you to stay at Marina by Bay Hotel. One of the most luxurious hotel in the world. you will get access of almost all the city attractions withing 20-30 minutes.

Visit Sentosa Island - one of the best attractions in the Singapore. You will get resorts there for accommodation.

The main Thing i.e beaches in Singapore: -

1) Tanjong Beach
Address: 120 Tanjong Beach Walk Sentosa Island Singapore 098942
2) Palawan Beach
Address: Sentosa Island Singapore 099981
3) Siloso Beach
Address: 51 Imbiah Walk Sentosa Singapore 099538

These are awesome beaches where you can spend quality time with your Fiancée and the best part is these are in Sentosa Island itself.

Hope you have better pre-wedding honeymoon tour.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:22 am

akshay18, you are trolling, are not you?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by invisible
Well, request was for 'couple nights on a really gorgeous beach'. I do not think neither Bintan (where trash is just 100m away after 'official' beach ends) nor Langkawi qualifies.

As it was said - LCC and 1.5-2h flight from Singapore will take care of it.
Langkawi does not have good beaches? I was looking into staying at the andaman for next year and the beach pics look really good.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by injian
Langkawi does not have good beaches? I was looking into staying at the andaman for next year and the beach pics look really good.
Comparing to what Redang and places in Thailand offer - not much...
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:54 am

akshay18, you are trolling, are not you?
Not at all. This is my personal experience dude. I have been there for 2 years. I knew what can be better for a couple to spend romantic time.

Ex. I told them to stay at Marina by bay, that rooftop pool is one of the best experience you would ever have.

The beaches are nearby Sentosa Island so, organize plan for them accordingly. I am not trolling to take any further action. If they don't like the same they can plan for something else.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:06 am

[redacted] - have you been at any beach outside of Singapore and at any hotel except MBC?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Sep 28, 2017 at 4:01 am Reason: Rule 12
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:15 am

Affirmative. Plus endemic cheating and scamming of tourists - including supposed 4* hotels where cleaning staff conspires with front desk to steal/break items in your room when you are gone and at the checkout you are told that 'oh a a tea spoon, a napkin holder or towel is missing' and present you bill to pay for those 'missing/broken' items with eye watering prices - like US $20 for a tea spoon or $25 for napkin holder.

Was there once and promised myself not to ever step foot there again.
Yes! I stayed 4 Nights in Amara Hotel in Singapore when I was on honeymoon. During my office work I used to stay The Fernloft Hostel.
So, its not the case that I haven't stayed anywhere. I also has nothing to do with MBS, just suggesting that hotel . Since the couple asking for Singapore beaches, I have suggested above beaches. I hope it will help you!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:09 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Suggest you go to Koh Samui.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by akshay18
Since the couple asking for Singapore beaches
Try to re-read the title of the thread and the first message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.