Wiki Posts
Search

United departure to US

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
United departure to US

Hi, just a quick check because I see conflicting info regarding terminals when I looked at the airport website...maybe one was not updated....

Leaving from Singapore back to the US (SFO) at the end of September. Does United leave from Terminal 2?

Also, is getting to the airport 2 hours before the 8:45 am flight the right amount of lead time?

Many thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by welltended
Hi, just a quick check because I see conflicting info regarding terminals when I looked at the airport website...maybe one was not updated....

Leaving from Singapore back to the US (SFO) at the end of September. Does United leave from Terminal 2?

Also, is getting to the airport 2 hours before the 8:45 am flight the right amount of lead time?

Many thanks.
There is no confusion about which terminal UA departs from: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ay-2016-a.html
Two hours at a minimum if flying economy.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Am echoing UAPremExecFlyer: it's Terminal 2. As for arriving at the check in counter, two to two and a half hours is a good time to target. Check in can be done in substantially less time if you are a UA high status flyer and you know your way around Changi Airport - there have been times where I got from curbside to lounge in 30 minutes (ie including immigration exit formalities) and spent 45 minutes in the lounge but if you're no status or UA MP regular member and flying Y, the check in for economy can be long.

Changi Airport website: pull down to UA info. Interesting they indicate check in counter opens anywhere between 2.5 to 1 hour before departure. In my experience, the 1 hour part can't be correct. http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html

BTW a heads up: don't dawdle at airside if you're cutting it tight. Security check (ala TSA) happens at the gate. Don't be misled by the x-ray machine for hand carry bags before passport control.

Last edited by dsgtc0408; Aug 20, 2017 at 4:33 am Reason: added SIN airport webpage
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Thank you. We are flying business and are Gold. So is 2 hours adequate in that case?

My uncertainty was because I saw the FlyerTalk thread and the link referenced but also United has a link to apparently BAD info and a map showing T3
http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpo...irportCode=SIN
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Thank you. We are flying business and are Gold. So is 2 hours adequate in that case?
More than adequate. Even 90 minutes would be plenty. Changi is one of the most efficient airports on the planet.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
With Gold it takes me 7 minutes from the moment I step out from taxi to the moment I am entering lounge. That includes dropping off one checked luggage and going thru immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.