Changi Terminal 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changi Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bflotraveler
Thanks for the response. To follow up on this I emailed Changi Airport and I was a bit surprised to hear that passengers originating in Singapore and departing from Terminal 4 will not have access to Terminals 1, 2, or 3. In other words, with a boarding pass for T4 you'll only be able to do security and immigration at T4.

The other part of the response I wanted to share is that only transiting passengers departing from T4 are able to use the shuttle bus in T2. The way I read that is if you aren't departing from T4, you won't have access.
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Are u staying in the airside transit hotel because you are connecting from another flight??
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I had a 22 hour layover scheduled in Singapore and have never been before. I want to make the most of it, go into the city for the day/night and was planning to rest at the airside hotel for a few hours before my early morning flight.

However, space opened up on an earlier CX flight and now I'll be able to go right from the city in the evening to the airport and get on my flight.

At least I was able to gather some information on T4 access that will hopefully be useful to others.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Since some people might search here, I posted this on the CX forum:

SIN Changi Airport put together this detailed and informative web page for CX and the move to T4 on October 31.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28961214-post139.html

and

http://t4.changiairport.com/themes/t...ic-English.pdf
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:40 am

I would like to visit Changi Terminal 4 transit area while holding a boarding pass departing T2, is that possible? I read that now it will be a centralised screening at T4 which means I may/may not deny entering T4 .... anybody has the answer?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:35 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by luv_flying
I would like to visit Changi Terminal 4 transit area while holding a boarding pass departing T2, is that possible? I read that now it will be a centralised screening at T4 which means I may/may not deny entering T4 .... anybody has the answer?
Originally Posted by Bflotraveler
The other part of the response I wanted to share is that only transiting passengers departing from T4 are able to use the shuttle bus in T2.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:48 am

Thank you!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:51 am

Just been noted on the CX thread on this that the reverse is possible though https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post28974254
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by percysmith
Just been noted on the CX thread on this that the reverse is possible though https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post28974254
Likewise, I have phoned and twice e-mailed Changi on this and on each occasion they have confirmed this is possible.

People holding a T4 boarding pass CAN use the shuttle to get to T2 and therefore gain access to the lounges and transit hotels in the main part of the airport and CAN then use the shuttle to get back to T4 for their flight.

The one caveat is (as has been noted elsewhere) you first need to check in and clear security at T4 before moving over to the main part.

I specifically queried in the context of using the transit hotels and this was acknowledged in my reply from them.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by tr4veller
The one caveat is (as has been noted elsewhere) you first need to check in and clear security at T4 before moving over to the main part.
Hang on, I thought the T4-->main part move is landside. How can you do after clearing security?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
Hang on, I thought the T4-->main part move is landside. How can you do after clearing security?
They also have airside transfer T4-T2.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by tr4veller
They also have airside transfer T4-T2.
Does that mean you can do a T2 to T4 airside transfer? I have been searching a bit about this and only read about landside transfers. Will be flying into T2 and flying out of T4 (SQ to CX)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by reverted
Does that mean you can do a T2 to T4 airside transfer? I have been searching a bit about this and only read about landside transfers. Will be flying into T2 and flying out of T4 (SQ to CX)
From what I've been told by Changi, yes, this should be possible, although different people are getting told otherwise.

Still waiting for someone give try it and report back though.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:18 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Assume this works in both directions.

http://www.changiairport.com/en/tran...terminals.html

From Terminal 4 to Terminal 1, Terminal 2 & Terminal 3

Follow transfer signs and enter the ‘Bus to Terminal 1, Terminal 2 & Terminal 3’ lounge. Passengers will alight at Terminal 2. Passengers without their onward boarding pass should proceed to their respective airline transfer counters at their terminal of departure.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
For those interested in accessing other terminals we decided to test it once and for all. I checked in online for my flight, departing from T4 and printed my boarding pass.

I was not allowed to clear immigration in either T1/2/3. This was confirmed by the immigration shift manager in the operations centre that evening. However - all is not lost.

The process that is allowed by CAG and immigration is to proceed to T4, pass through immigration and security. Then proceed by airside bus to T2.

The only problem is that there is no signage - it's completely hidden - as if Changi don't want T4 passengers leaving

Here's a map of how to the find the bus ("You Are Here")

Use the lifts to go down. The security will give you this attractive T4 sticker to wear and guide you through to the arrivals hall and then onwards into a small waiting area for the bus. It comes every 7 minutes.

You will arrive in the immigration hall of T2. The Skytrain to T3 is just upstairs. The Skytrain to T1 is opposite side of the terminal but about a 5-minute walk.

On the way back, the bus is well signposted and departs from next to gate F51 in Terminal 2.

Total travel times:

T4-T2: 19 minutes
T4-T3 (via T2): 24 minutes

Return:

T3-T2: 9 minutes
T3-T4 (via T2): 19 minutes

T3 times are taken from standing outside "Charles and Keith" where, opposite, they are about to open an "Irwins"!

To be clear - to allow access to T4 - you must have a T4 boarding card. No other passengers will be allowed to access it.

Our T4 review will be updated accordingly and can be found here with our Cathay Pacific T4 Lounge review here and our T4 Blossom Lounge review here
ps107 and nutwpinut like this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Sheesh, alot of hassle with this new T4 regarding entering/leaving!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.