Reload this Page >

Changi Terminal 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changi Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:28 pm

Terminal 4 will begin operations on 31 October 2017.

http://www.changiairport.com/corpora.../newsroom.html

Changi Airport Group (CAG) today announced that the new Terminal 4 (T4) at Changi Airport is scheduled to commence operations on 31 October 2017.

To ensure a smooth transition of flight operations from the existing terminals, the operations of the nine T4 airlines – the AirAsia Group (of four airlines), Cathay Pacific Airways, Cebu Pacific Air, Korean Air, Spring Airlines and Vietnam Airlines – will be shifted to T4 over one week on the following dates:

Tuesday, 31 October 2017 - Cathay Pacific Airways and Korean Air

Thursday, 2 November 2017 – Cebu Pacific Air and Spring Airlines

Tuesday, 7 November 2017 – AirAsia Group and Vietnam Airlines

The first arrival and departing flights at T4 will be operated by Cathay Pacific – CX659 from Hong Kong (STA[1]: 0540 hours) and CX650 to Hong Kong (STD1: 0650 hours) respectively.
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
It is still not clear if intrer-terminal link will be extended to T4 and if yes - when...
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
It is still not clear if intrer-terminal link will be extended to T4 and if yes - when...
The skytrain? Not at the moment.

From http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...et-open-oct-31

Built at where the former Budget Terminal used to be, T4 will not be linked to the other terminals by SkyTrain. Instead, shuttle buses, which will operate at 5-minute intervals during peak hours, will connect travellers to T2 via an 8- to 10-minute ride — linking them to the Changi Airport MRT Station. The free service, available around the clock, will run from both the public area and airside, for transiting passengers.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by SQ319
The skytrain? Not at the moment.

From http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...et-open-oct-31
Which means taking getting to T4 by public transport requires about 20 min more time...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Surprising that the Sky train connectivity to T4 is not up and running as yet and they've announced opening of the new terminal.
uggboy and pdpgps like this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm wondering if it will be possible to go through immigration/get airside access at T1, T2, or T3 with a boarding pass for a CX flight from T4 and then access T4 through the airside transfer at T2?

Would like to stay at one of the airside hotels for a few hours before my departing flight but not sure if I'll have access to all terminals or only T4?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: QF Plat/OWE, HH ♦, IHG ♦ AMB, ALL Plat, GHA Ti, Bonvoy Gold
I'm keen to get to the new CX lounge, once opened, as a PAX on other OW flights departing T1/T2. I expect given the centralised security at T4 it will be complex or time consuming, or both... Does anyone have any knowledge or indication yet as to whether this will be possible?

I'm worried that unless you leave from or land at SIN T4, you ain't getting in, airside.

Cheers,
Matt.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bflotraveler
I'm wondering if it will be possible to go through immigration/get airside access at T1, T2, or T3 with a boarding pass for a CX flight from T4 and then access T4 through the airside transfer at T2?

Would like to stay at one of the airside hotels for a few hours before my departing flight but not sure if I'll have access to all terminals or only T4?

Thanks in advance!
I don't see this being an issue since T4 doesn't have an airside hotel. However, you might want to check with Changi Airport on this. Email them or write a note on their FB, they are quite responsive.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:57 pm

I don't see this being an issue since T4 doesn't have an airside hotel. However, you might want to check with Changi Airport on this. Email them or write a note on their FB, they are quite responsive.
I might do this for my question, above, as well... I'll use 'shopping in T4 airside' as the reason
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by DrSmythe
I'm keen to get to the new CX lounge, once opened, as a PAX on other OW flights departing T1/T2. I expect given the centralised security at T4 it will be complex or time consuming, or both... Does anyone have any knowledge or indication yet as to whether this will be possible?

I'm worried that unless you leave from or land at SIN T4, you ain't getting in, airside.

Cheers,
Matt.
Originally Posted by DrSmythe
I might do this for my question, above, as well... I'll use 'shopping in T4 airside' as the reason
With typical Singaporean efficiency, I have already got an answer... unfortunately it was just to say that they do not have this detail just yet, and to check in closer to the terminal opening. Will report back.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:11 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I don't see this as possible as the transfer will not be airside. We did the tour a few weeks ago and the centralized security and transit security make the setup very different.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I don't see this as possible as the transfer will not be airside. We did the tour a few weeks ago and the centralized security and transit security make the setup very different.
See post number 15 in this thread - there IS an airside transfer location.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Ultimately this is a policy issue, i.e. will they allow passengers who are not departing from T4 access the terminal either by clearing security at T4 or T2.

With the T2 bus transfer option with screening at the gate, there is no logistical constraint.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:48 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by mnbp
See post number 15 in this thread - there IS an airside transfer location.
The poster was standing in an unsterile environment. So either you pass through gate security at F51 or you are taken by bus and dropped at the transit security which is downstairs next to immigration for passengers arriving at T4. I now see what having the bus at F51 would do. Basically they would do away with the gate's airplane duties and repurpose as the way to the bus. I guess that works though since they pay for staff and the bus I would bet they only allow people through who have boarding passes for a flight departing T4.

Sorry, by the time we got down there in the tour we were tired and just wanted to leave.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Bflotraveler

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the response. To follow up on this I emailed Changi Airport and I was a bit surprised to hear that passengers originating in Singapore and departing from Terminal 4 will not have access to Terminals 1, 2, or 3. In other words, with a boarding pass for T4 you'll only be able to do security and immigration at T4.

The other part of the response I wanted to share is that only transiting passengers departing from T4 are able to use the shuttle bus in T2. The way I read that is if you aren't departing from T4, you won't have access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.