Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Immigration Didn't Stamp on Exit, also Didn't take back Immigration Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Immigration Didn't Stamp on Exit, also Didn't take back Immigration Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum

Hello!

Last weekend I departed Singapore to return home. I was a bit confused as to which line I should get into at the passport check point since usually there are separate lines for different passport countries, so I asked a representative where I should go. He looked at my USA passport and said that as a one-time courtesy I could use the automated passport control machines (which are usually reserved for Singaporean Passports and Permanent Resident Cards). I was confused by this, but since he was an employee I trusted his judgement. He took my passport from my hand and placed it on the scanner for me. It processed everything and the gate opened up. He handed my my passport again and I proceeded on my way to the gate for the flight.

Later I thought about it... The card you keep from immigration when you arrive was supposed to be taken on departure (but of course it now wasn't) and then I also later realized that I don't have an exit stamp in my passport now from Singaporean Immigration. Should I be concerned about this? Or will the automated passport machine have taken care of everything? I wasn't paying attention, but all the other tourists were in the main lines, but since I didn't know which passports belonged to which line that's why I asked. I trusted the employee because it was his airport of course, but now I'm worried something will come up if I try to visit Singapore again in the future.

Does anyone have any insight or experience on this? Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
No big deal. They keep electronic records.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by dbernard2000
He looked at my USA passport and said that as a one-time courtesy I could use the automated passport control machines (which are usually reserved for Singaporean Passports and Permanent Resident Cards).
The automated machines have been for Singaporeans, PRs, and holders of employment or long term visit passes for quite a while now.

Recently it seems they've also been opened up for tourists. My parents visited the other day and they were given a small flyer at entrance immigration encouraging them to just use the auto-gates at exit. Which they did, so like you they didn't get any exit stamp on their passports either.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:55 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Yes, the gantries have been upgraded to allow visitors from the US for expedited clearance.

More info here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...n/2908082.html

(They have started the same in Australia. Main difference there is that they have a box after the gantries to collect the departure forms).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:24 am

Unless it's something very recent, there are no such separate lines for different passport countries at the exit immigration area, except perhaps for Singapore citizens/residents.

Last September I was running late for an early morning flight and the queues were long, so I was directed to try the automatic gates with my UK passport. I was surprised when it was accepted, and after a bit of a problem getting my thumbprint to register I was through and on my way, without a stamp or card collection. I assumed that in a place like Singapore my departure was registered electronically without any possible hitch, and I have entered several times since without issue. So there is certainly no need to be concerned.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marco Polo
I just flew in and out of Singapore twice in the last week, and I have been able to depart with the automatic gates with my CANADIAN passport both times. Is it because I have NEXUS and thus global entry or am I low risk enough?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Does the automated exit for US passport holders work at the land border checkpoints as well? (i.e. Woodlands)
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Does the automated exit for US passport holders work at the land border checkpoints as well? (i.e. Woodlands)
AFAIK no you still have to get it processed by an officer
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Yes, the gantries have been upgraded to allow visitors from the US for expedited clearance.

More info here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...n/2908082.html

(They have started the same in Australia. Main difference there is that they have a box after the gantries to collect the departure forms).
I hold a passport from an EU country and was able to clear the immigration at Changi T2 using the automatic gates the other week. Was traveling to mainland China. So apparently not only for persons traveling to US.

On my return to Singapore I inquired if I could also enter to Singapore via automatic gates but nah, at least not yet. In HK you can enter/exit via gates with a barcode sticker in your passport + finger print once you registered. No stamps, just a small printed ticket you can dispose when you leave. Would like to see the same take place in Singapore soon.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:22 pm

I got the same experience today. I am a Filipino resident. There was no queuing. I'm checking the usual immigration lines but was told to go the officer and will assist me. He got my passport swipe it then after it was ok, it ask for the thumb print. After that I was able to enter the gate and another officer check the passport and boarding ticket. Then it was all good, that I can now go to the gate.

Unusual since there was no advisory for it but I guess yes it is convenient.

I'm just hoping there will be no problem or issue about it in the future.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Marco Polo Silver
You can use UK passport with e-gate to exit Singapore at Tuas checkpoint. Have done so today.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:41 pm

Need help please!!!

Hi. Yesterday I pass woodland chekpoint only with scan my passport (Indonesian Passport) and finger print only without a chop. Since I just follow people on bus. Is it will be a problems in the future? Should I return back to Singapore? Please anyone may be know it. Thank you.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Ahmad328
Hi. Yesterday I pass woodland chekpoint only with scan my passport (Indonesian Passport) and finger print only without a chop. Since I just follow people on bus. Is it will be a problems in the future? Should I return back to Singapore? Please anyone may be know it. Thank you.
Shouldn't think so. They keep electronic records.

The new terminal 4 at Changi, will have automated gates so they are just bringing everything up to the same standard.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ahmad328
Hi Ahmad,

Can I know whether you use normal passport, or e-passport already?

cheers,
joni

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.