Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Immigration Didn't Stamp on Exit, also Didn't take back Immigration Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Immigration Didn't Stamp on Exit, also Didn't take back Immigration Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
They were encouraging people of all nationalities to use it the other week at Changi however none of the 3 or 4 people in front of me were successful and got sent off to manual processing. My passport (brand new UK one) worked fine though.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:35 am

No departure stamp

I experienced this today and it keeps running in my head. I'm afraid I will be having problems later on. I traveled to melaka malaysia. I rode starmart bus, dropped off to immigration and went directly to where most people are going. Since I cannot find foreign passport sign, I decided to just follow them. So I scanned my passport and fingerprint, and thats it. While on my way to melaka, it keeps on bothering me if I made a mistake. Since there is also an immigration desk on the left side, I am thinking if I committed going to the wrong lane. So I think yes. I am wrong. The lane is for prs, etc, but the portal read my passport. So I am still bothered whether I will be having problem visiting SG in the future. By the way, same as the others, my piece of immigration card is still with me. Please enlighten me.

I am a Filipino passport holder
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Christian Anthony Castillo
I experienced this today and it keeps running in my head. I'm afraid I will be having problems later on. I traveled to melaka malaysia. I rode starmart bus, dropped off to immigration and went directly to where most people are going. Since I cannot find foreign passport sign, I decided to just follow them. So I scanned my passport and fingerprint, and thats it. While on my way to melaka, it keeps on bothering me if I made a mistake. Since there is also an immigration desk on the left side, I am thinking if I committed going to the wrong lane. So I think yes. I am wrong. The lane is for prs, etc, but the portal read my passport. So I am still bothered whether I will be having problem visiting SG in the future. By the way, same as the others, my piece of immigration card is still with me. Please enlighten me.

I am a Filipino passport holder
-
I am also a Philippine passport holder, I traveled to Singapore with two of my friends last october 22. When we arrive, our passport was stamped, indicating that we can stay in Singapore for 30 days. One week later during our fligth back to the Philippines, an immigration officer asked us for our passport, but instead of leading us to the normal gate where passports are stamed, he lead us to the automatic gate. He asked us to scan our passport, and our fingerprints, he also looked at the piece of the embarkation card that was left to us when we enter Singapore. After that the automatc gates opened and we just went through. The immigration officer left the piece of the embarkation in our passport, our passport did not get stamped.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Yes, the gantries have been upgraded to allow visitors from the US for expedited clearance.

More info here: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...n/2908082.html
I have a US passport and am not enrolled in those programs.

IIRC, the signs directed me to use those automated machines. Just had to scan my passport and my thumbs (fingers?) and I was thru. They kept telling me to press hard, which was required for it to conclude I was a match for when I came in.

The card wasn't collected.

If you have trouble w/the thumb/finger scanning, they'll direct you to manual clearing.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cwerdna
I have a US passport and am not enrolled in those programs.

IIRC, the signs directed me to use those automated machines. Just had to scan my passport and my thumbs (fingers?) and I was thru. They kept telling me to press hard, which was required for it to conclude I was a match for when I came in.

The card wasn't collected.

If you have trouble w/the thumb/finger scanning, they'll direct you to manual clearing.
The reason why they ask you to push hard is due to the fact that the fingerprint scanners are lousy. 3/4 times my wifes thumb can't scan properly. The poor scanners also slow down the effectiveness intended with these machines unfortunately.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
The reason why they ask you to push hard is due to the fact that the fingerprint scanners are lousy. 3/4 times my wifes thumb can't scan properly.
Next time she should try to exile on thumb before putting it on scanner. Works for me 100%.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:52 pm

"They keep electronic records."

Can i get those electronic records as a prove that i was in Singapore for certain period of time ?

I just realized they didn't stamp my passport when i used autogate. Previously, I need the stamp as one of the conditions for getting married in Singapore (15 days in Singapore)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.