Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Night at Changi airport lounges?

Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

Will be flying in on Delta in business class at 11:55pm (from Tokyo). Also have priority pass access.

Wondering if there is an option for spending 6-7 hours at the airport lounges (to rest, shower, eat) and then proceed to the hotel in the morning to check in (or at least leave baggage).

Another option might be an hourly hotel at the airport, rather than paying for an extra night at a full service hotel.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I don't know for sure but I suspect you might struggle to get access into the lounge without a departing boarding pass.

There is an airside transit hotel that would be an option, or you could look for something reasonably priced on your first night in Singapore.

However, given I assume you'll be battling a big time difference the best thing might be just to swallow the cost and head straight into Singapore. It's a very safe 24hr city, so even if you don't want to sleep straight away, there will be things to do.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Your DL D1 boarding pass will not get you into any lounge, even with a SC membership, Reserve card, or regular AmEx Plat or Centurion card. IIRC DL still uses SkyView in T1 for D1 departures. It is open all night and should accept PP. There may be other PP lounges open all night too, although I know the swimming pool closes at about 11 pm.

I'd suggest one of the airside transit hotels. You need to make a reservation in advance via their website, although IIRC it doesn't directly show availability. IME you get an email confirmation in about 24 hours.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
We arrived on that DL Tokyo flight last November - I sucked it up and added that night to our hotel reservation (with a note for late arrival in my reservation). I knew after all that travel time (even in business) I'd be cranky as could be and just wanted to be able to sleep in my bed and not worry about getting up in the morning and moving again....
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
PP changed policy recently (due to 'singlet uncle' incident) requiring departure boarding pass to access any lounges either on airside or landside.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Are there any lounges open 24 hours a day? All night lounges?
Old May 11, 2017, 8:44 pm

Pub crawl of every bar in the airport

Originally Posted by klakhav
Are there any lounges open 24 hours a day? All night lounges?
Why don't you just do what this guy did: Singapore airport says there are so many bars, you could never drink at them all between planes.
http://lux-traveller.com/2017/singapore-airport-bars-drinking.htm

With determination, you can spend all night on a pub crawl of every bar in the airport on a Singapore stopover.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by lorkers
Why don't you just do what this guy did: Singapore airport says there are so many bars, you could never drink at them all between planes.
http://lux-traveller.com/2017/singapore-airport-bars-drinking.htm

With determination, you can spend all night on a pub crawl of every bar in the airport on a Singapore stopover.
Interesting. I am looking at a six am flight out of SIN, so maybe I will hang out in the city until around 11pm or so and then just head to the airport instead of a hotel.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Red259
Interesting. I am looking at a six am flight out of SIN, so maybe I will hang out in the city until around 11pm or so and then just head to the airport instead of a hotel.
Might want to consult here for your airline's counter hours and the early check-in column:

http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html
Old May 13, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Might want to consult here for your airline's counter hours and the early check-in column:

http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html
Its ANA so says I can do early check in up to 24 hours before?
Old May 13, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Red259
Its ANA so says I can do early check in up to 24 hours before?
Looks like you are fine - SIN says ANA's counter is open 6 am - midnight.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I don't know for sure but I suspect you might struggle to get access into the lounge without a departing boarding pass.

There is an airside transit hotel that would be an option, or you could look for something reasonably priced on your first night in Singapore.

However, given I assume you'll be battling a big time difference the best thing might be just to swallow the cost and head straight into Singapore. It's a very safe 24hr city, so even if you don't want to sleep straight away, there will be things to do.
Sounds like the OP wanted to avoid paying a pricey hotel rate for an additional night when he wouldn't be able to check in until well after midnight.

That's the case when you fly to Hong Kong too, arriving at 11 PM or so.

Can you use the Airside hotels even if you're not flying out the next morning, just want to save some money that arrival night? Then get your luggage and go into the city in the morning?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by wco81
​​​​​​...
Can you use the Airside hotels even if you're not flying out the next morning, just want to save some money that arrival night? Then get your luggage and go into the city in the morning?
I have been doing this for over 15yrs to save on night one hotel of a few hours.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by wco81
Yes. I travel carry-on-only but now always spend my first night in one of the transit hotels.

Other posters have talked about how the process to collect checked luggage after clearing immigration in the morning after spending a night in the transit hotel. You apparently have to collect the luggage from a baggage office.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mnbp
Yes. I travel carry-on-only but now always spend my first night in one of the transit hotels.

Other posters have talked about how the process to collect checked luggage after clearing immigration in the morning after spending a night in the transit hotel. You apparently have to collect the luggage from a baggage office.
Hmm, the only thing is I tend to pack toiletries in my checked bag, as well as most of my clean clothes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.