Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Uber from KUL to Singapore

Uber from KUL to Singapore

Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
MH is selling for 176MYR for a Y ticket, would prefer to fly in J if extra cost is reasonable, would it be easy to bid for upgrade on this route?
Easy, cheap. But unless you need lounge access (if you're lacking status) it's not really worth it. Difference between C and Y is a better seat and a "snack" (afaik) on this route - instead of just a small pack of nuts ..

Obviously no drinks (guess not important in the early morning ) in C either..

If I had lounge access anyway, and the only real difference would be the better seat for around 1hr, I'd probably rate the value at maybe 30 MYR. A bit more if I was going to sleep, but definitely not above 50 MYR. Without status benefits (be it checkin, priority baggage, lounge..) probably a fair bit more, but then it would really matters for me how long my stay in KUL would be..
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Easy, cheap. But unless you need lounge access (if you're lacking status) it's not really worth it. Difference between C and Y is a better seat and a "snack" (afaik) on this route - instead of just a small pack of nuts ..

Obviously no drinks (guess not important in the early morning ) in C either..

If I had lounge access anyway, and the only real difference would be the better seat for around 1hr, I'd probably rate the value at maybe 30 MYR. A bit more if I was going to sleep, but definitely not above 50 MYR. Without status benefits (be it checkin, priority baggage, lounge..) probably a fair bit more, but then it would really matters for me how long my stay in KUL would be..

So I guess I will purchase the cheapest Y, bid 50MYR for J and see how it goes.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:52 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Grab a local car hailing service provides intercity option in the Grab Hitch product at a very reasonable price.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Thanks for all of your info. I ended up with booking 2 Y ticket with MH601 8:05 depart. 270 MYR each. It seems quite expansive compare with LCCs....
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:16 am

Has anyone actually Uber'd Kuala Lumpur to Singapore?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:39 pm

Uber don't go outside KL although it provide a quote, and it's not possible to cross the border by Uber or Grab, they are prohibited by Singapore law.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
have ubered to melaka np. have grabhitched from jb to sg and vice versa, before lta banned this july. several apps still for jb to sg on playstore. kul-sg private cars are possible for arnd 700.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.