Community
Wiki Posts
Search

malaysia airlines lounge reopening in singapore

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

malaysia airlines lounge reopening in singapore

Couldn't find anything online, but next to the SATS lounge in SIN T2 there is construction going on... just a month ago that wasn't there I believe. So seems Malaysia A. will use their own lounge again instead of SATS.

Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:16 pm

Interesting... Must've been all the complaints from MH Platinums being shoved into SATS T2
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Surely this is a vanity project when there are so many perfectly decent One World and third-party lounges at SIN.

I visited the old MAS lounge there once. It's food and drink offering was pathetic so I never looked it up again preferring to use PP lounges.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Actually, I find the oneworld lounge options to be very sad in SIN. The BA lounge is pathetic with very few food options and it gets extremely busy in the evenings. QF is a bit better,but not great either. Both open at 15:00,so using these lounges is out of question for 6 out of 8 CX flights and 7 out of 11 flights MH flights (+-2 flights).

The designated MH lounge (and the lounge that has to be used outside of BA/QF opening hours)-SATS is even worse than BA. The food spread is very poor and the lounge is small and crowded with customers of numerous random and Priority Pass folks. On my last visit I left after 10 minutes because the coffee machine was broken and the lounge was almost full.

The dnata lounge used by CX is slightly better,but hey it does not have baileys....

....so I am very happy that MH is opening their own lounge in SIN,I also heard that CX should open their own lounge here soon.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Any insiders have an idea of when this lounge will be opened?
Calling resident expert TGflyergirl

Last edited by gilbertaue; Oct 31, 2016 at 2:03 am
Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Perfect, will be flying end of Feb from Sin to Kul on MH, looking forward to it.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Any update on the new Malaysian Airlines Lounge in SIN?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Surely this is a vanity project when there are so many perfectly decent One World and third-party lounges at SIN.

I visited the old MAS lounge there once. It's food and drink offering was pathetic so I never looked it up again preferring to use PP lounges.
The other OW lounges are irrelevant as they are in a different terminal (T1), whereas MH depart from T2. I don't have time to move around between terminals before a short flight to KL.

I didn't see any signs of an MH lounge being rebuilt though lately at T2, that space looks empty now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.