SIN to DPS

Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
SIN to DPS

I'm unsure where to post this, so Mods please move.

My wife and I need to book a one-way ticket from SIN-DPS to link to a cruise, but are unsure whether to trust any of the low cost carriers in this region.

Has anyone flown this route and if so, using which airline?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Nothing wrong with Garuda Indonesia or Jetstar for the relatively short flight. Looking into it, the one-way fares are quite reasonable!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
Probably not the first airline you thought of for this route but a good fare if it works for your dates: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...class-rtn.html
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm fine with AirAsia.

Can't understand why this is on the BA board
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agent69
I'm fine with AirAsia.

Can't understand why this is on the BA board
As I didn't know where to put it and BA posters are always so helpful.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 000
Probably not the first airline you thought of for this route but a good fare if it works for your dates: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...class-rtn.html
Thanks, the date we travel it's Ł190 in J, whereas Singapore Air is Ł333 in Y.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Whats your date and what time do you need to be in DPS?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by botham
Try one of the "Asia" forums. See drop down menu at bottom right of your screen.

My wife and I need to book a one-way ticket from SIN-DPS to link to a cruise, but are unsure whether to trust any of the low cost carriers in this region.

It seems currently the following airlines are flying directly SIN-DPS (in no particular order):
Jetstar
AirAsia Indonesia
Garuda Indonesia
KLM
Silk Air
Singapore Airlines
Tiger Air

I have flown all of these airlines (although not the Indo version of Air Asia), and would happily book any of them. If you are significantly concered to ask this question here, I would suggest either KLM, Singapore Airlines or Silk Air, as all are full service "reliable" carriers. KLM will be much cheaper than the other two.

There are around 16 flights a day, so plenty of choice. KLM J is a good choice, if the flight times are convenient for you.

Google Flights is a fairly good way to check fares and times:
https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...;tt=o;s=0;so=p
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shefgab
Try one of the "Asia" forums. See drop down menu at bottom right of your screen.

It seems currently the following airlines are flying directly SIN-DPS (in no particular order):
Jetstar
AirAsia Indonesia
Garuda Indonesia
KLM
Silk Air
Singapore Airlines
Tiger Air

I have flown all of these airlines (although not the Indo version of Air Asia), and would happily book any of them. If you are significantly concered to ask this question here, I would suggest either KLM, Singapore Airlines or Silk Air, as all are full service "reliable" carriers. KLM will be much cheaper than the other two.

There are around 16 flights a day, so plenty of choice. KLM J is a good choice, if the flight times are convenient for you.

Google Flights is a fairly good way to check fares and times:
https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...;tt=o;s=0;so=p
Thanks, very useful information.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLHD
Whats your date and what time do you need to be in DPS?

February 23 2017 to catch ship pm

Could also travel the day before and have 1 night in Benoa.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Only thing to be cautious of on the discount airlines is baggage restrictions. Upcharges for baggage may make Singapore or SilkAir competitive.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:16 pm

Flying any of the LCCs in Asia is just like flying Ryanair or Easyjet in Europe. I don't see if there is anything to trust or not.

If you are not keen, just take SQ/MI, GA, or KLM.

The roundtrip fares are discounted quite frequently. It's probably cheaper getting a return ticket and just use the outbound portion than to get a single one-way ticket.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:52 pm

Highly recommend the KLM flight in business class.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I and my wife will flying to DPS from Singapore next week and it will be third flight in less than one year. All flights were on LCC - AirAsia, Jetstar and we always use them - I won't pay more than SGD 125 for 1.5h flight. During sales on different LCCs on sale you can get one way flight for less than SGD 75.

What would matter in your case:

- How much luggage do you have. With LCCs luggage fees end up very quickly
- How much time do you have between your arrival in Singapore and your departure towards Bali. If you buy flight on LCC, or even if you don't, you need to put enough time for possible delays/IRROPs. I would suggest to put at least 20 hours in between.
- One very important thing to notion: Bali/DPS is subject to frequent cancellations and travel delays due to volcanic activity. Last year during whole week around this time the airport was closed. You must have appropriate travel insurance which has coverage for natural disasters. To be sure you should travel to DP at least 36h before your scheduled departure on cruise ship.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invisible
I and my wife will flying to DPS from Singapore next week and it will be third flight in less than one year. All flights were on LCC - AirAsia, Jetstar and we always use them - I won't pay more than SGD 125 for 1.5h flight. During sales on different LCCs on sale you can get one way flight for less than SGD 75.

What would matter in your case:

- How much luggage do you have. With LCCs luggage fees end up very quickly
- How much time do you have between your arrival in Singapore and your departure towards Bali. If you buy flight on LCC, or even if you don't, you need to put enough time for possible delays/IRROPs. I would suggest to put at least 20 hours in between.
- One very important thing to notion: Bali/DPS is subject to frequent cancellations and travel delays due to volcanic activity. Last year during whole week around this time the airport was closed. You must have appropriate travel insurance which has coverage for natural disasters. To be sure you should travel to DP at least 36h before your scheduled departure on cruise ship.
We are aiming for two nights i Bali, pre-cruise.

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Highly recommend the KLM flight in business class.
Just had an excellent flights / hotel package from Trailfinders including J with KLM. They tell me it's a very popular flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.