Luggage Storage (4 weeks+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold, Hertz PC (Prefer Silvercar)

has anyone found a cheaper alternative for long-term storage of luggage through SIN?

Airport storage cost ~$10/day for 2 bags. At 4 weeks, it's already $280 and there is a possibility I could add 2-3 extra weeks.

Another option is a hotel but I'll have to head into the city and stay at before and after. Are there storage units near the airport (e.g. public storage) or lockers at the airport or train stations?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by ddng
has anyone found a cheaper alternative for long-term storage of luggage through SIN?

Airport storage cost ~$10/day for 2 bags. At 4 weeks, it's already $280 and there is a possibility I could add 2-3 extra weeks.

Another option is a hotel but I'll have to head into the city and stay at before and after. Are there storage units near the airport (e.g. public storage) or lockers at the airport or train stations?
If you have work/business/friend connection in the city - may you ask they to store your luggage?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Perhaps a nicer hotel would hold onto your bags for free.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Perhaps a nicer hotel would hold onto your bags for free.
For two month? Why would they do it? What they are going to get in return?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
For two month? Why would they do it? What they are going to get in return?
Why not? Nothing in return. All the full serviced hotels I've stayed in offers this.

The guest already said they will stay at the city before and after. If they are staying in the same hotel, surely the hotel will hold it for free for them, as long as the amount of luggage is not excessive.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
What those self storage space?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ddng

Google Short Term Storage Singapore.

Singapore does not have trains/train stations. Only the subway... eg MRT. And the airport lockers are as stated as Airport storage. Basically you'd have to pay for 8 weeks in advance. If there's any to leftover, you'd get a refund.

I can recommend - http://www.store-11.sg/

A small space (big enough for 6 suitcases) can be had for about S$75 a month with a $100 deposit. You need to prepay, and buy a lock (or get your own).

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Aug 8, 2016 at 11:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.