Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Need some honeymoon advice...

Need some honeymoon advice...

Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Stayed at Marina Bay Sands. No atmosphere and just like a big train terminal. Even the pool was ho hum. It was so crowded.

Stayed in the Caroline Astor Suite at the St Regis. Far more romantic. Raffles would be old school romance too.
I second this.

MBS is very overrated. The rooms aren't that nice and the pool is a novelty. It's much nicer having a view of MBS rather than stay there.

Honeymoon wise, depending on budget I would stay at Shangri-La Sentosa.

But far out but it's a nice relaxing place to return to after a day of sight seeing in the city.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I had a similar timed stopover with Mrs Swiss some years back. Think we landed at 5pm and flew out again about 9am.

We stayed at the CP, nipped into town on the MRT for some drinks & dinner then got a cab back to the airport about midnight.

Worked for us. I guess the only downside was the landside distance from the CP over to T2 where our flight went from. It was probably a 10 minute walk, so in all fairness we could have left the eastern fringe of the CBD about the same time & it would have taken no longer to get to check in.

(On arrival we were into T1, HBO, so we just walked down to T3 immigration & were at the hotel pronto).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.