Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

ANY good hotel redemption in Singapore?

ANY good hotel redemption in Singapore?

Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
There are some good, economical, but comfortable AirBnB units at 101 Beach Road. We stayed in one in March and it was quite nice. It was $112/night US for the unit we were in, a studio unit with kitchen and washer/dryer. It's walking distance (even with luggage) from the Bugis MRT station and there are a lot of restaurants in the area.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AA
I found a list for redemption hotels in some interesting Singapore locations...5 Starwood hotels, 5 Intercontinental, 3 Hilton and 3 Marriott ....check the list at www.muchopoints.com -> redeem points check.....you can use this tool to check different set of days...Hope it helps!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Flymobile
I found a list for redemption hotels in some interesting Singapore locations...5 Starwood hotels, 5 Intercontinental, 3 Hilton and 3 Marriott ....check the list at www.muchopoints.com -> redeem points check.....you can use this tool to check different set of days...Hope it helps!
I suspect that your list of 5 ICs really means one IC, the Crowne Plaza at SIN (landside), and several Holiday Inns or similar.

Add a Grand Hyatt to the list, a Fairmont, plus many of the small luxury brands/chains/associations such as MO, Shangri-La, Raffles, etc. that have loyalty programs but don't emphasize award stays.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:00 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I just booked three more Singapore stays for the next few months, and I can only reiterate that for stays outside of extraordinary demand periods, points values in Singapore are poor. Singapore is a great playground for skilled BRGers, and here's what I had approved recently (points, points & Cash, and SPG.com rates listed for comparison):

Sheraton: Approved BRG SG$157++ vs 12/16k points or 6k points + US$110++ (SG$339++ on SPG)
Le Meridien: Approved BRG SG$133++ vs 12/16k points or 6k points + US$110++ (SG$369++ on SPG)
Westin: Approved BRG SG$194++ vs 20/25k points or 10k points + US$180++ (SG$398++ on SPG)

These are all multi-day stays; rates are per night and approved BRG includes 20% off rates found on "competing sites." Note that for all three stays I'm paying no more than the cash component of C&P. The new 4P and Design properties can in all likelihood be BRGed to below $100.

The Grand Hyatt regularly retails at SG$350++ (or 20k points or 10k points plus US$125), but competing sites have it for EUR150; unfortunately, with Hyatt's dishonest BRG, these sites are not accepted as valid competing sites.

The IC can be had for some SG$150++ per weekend night when using BOGO.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Update: I'm in SG now and decided to go economical. Stayed at a $15 hostel in Lavender for 2 nights, then a $40 Airbnb for a few nights, before moving to Intercontinental for 2 nights (free CC anniversary nights).

The Airbnb room is in the People's Park Complex and a 1 minute walk from my favorite food court (but takes 5min to come down the elevator ). It's tiny and beat up but the convenience cannot be beat. I'm in food heaven again.

I must say Sentosa exceeded my expectations. I was expecting the worst but made the right decision to go on a weekday morning, where I had a nice stretch of Palawan Beach to myself. I entered and left the island without a dime leaving my pocket.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
No opinions are wrong. I feel that Singapore is not a place of value for tourists. You cannot say my feeling is wrong because 1. you don't know how I feel and 2. feelings aren't facts, they cannot be said to be matter-of-fact right or wrong.

Okay, I'll give you one... best value for gardens. There, now 'anything' no longer applies.
I think that there are some great values in Singapore for luxury hotels. I'm at the Fairmont right now, $170 US per night. Would pay a few times this for this kind of room and hotel in any major US or European city. Also some great values for food and transportation. I guess it depends on your perspective.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Singapore is good for redeeming free IHG night from chase.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JNelson113
I'm at the Fairmont right now, $170 US per night.
How did you get such a good rate? My dinner at Mikuni almost exceeded that!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by jpdx
Westin: Approved BRG SG$194++ vs 20/25k points or 10k points + US$180++ (SG$398++ on SPG)
i know this was last year, but care to share what site you matched it against? i wouldn't mind staying at the westin.

cheers
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:59 pm

So, overall opinion, avoid JB? I read that locals commute 45 min which is why I was considering it, as well as the cheaper options. Final verdict? TIA
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by mmamminna
So, overall opinion, avoid JB? I read that locals commute 45 min which is why I was considering it, as well as the cheaper options. Final verdict? TIA
JB is Johor? Do you understand that it is other country and you are not lucky, you might end up with 1.5h waiting on passport control and then wait another 1.5h for bus and then another 1h to cross causeway while standing inside that bus? That's the real-case example and after that I avoided going to Johor on weekends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.