Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore's MRT

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Not overcrowded? That's rich.
True that. Try riding the NEL on a weekend, especially Sunday. Or any line that passes through Orchard or Dhoby Ghaut. Crowds galore.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by abraxis
True that. Try riding the NEL on a weekend, especially Sunday. Or any line that passes through Orchard or Dhoby Ghaut. Crowds galore.
Crowds on weekends in the city are less comparing to crowds on weekdays from sleeping quarters towards downtown - I did not remember case when I could not get into the car on weekends, while couple times I had such cases on weekdays on green line.
Old May 22, 2016, 7:00 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by invisible
Depends on a station. At Eunos at 7:45AM on weekdays yes, there are people. At Haw Par Villa - there are not.
Ah, so you admit that it does seem overcrowded at times.
That was my point...

Should it? It would be reasonable objection if public transport in the city would be running 24/7, but it does not. Night basses should not be considered as standard public transport, especially for the faresh they charge. So just because it is airport you want MRT to run 24/7? I do not think you can win that argument.

Considering that you still have shuttle buses and Uber can take you from Changi to Jurong East for less than $30 - the situation is not that bad.
Did I specify MRT? How about buses? It's a 24-hour airport...at least help out airport employees with buses.

Explain please.
Lots of the stations double as shopping centers. It's easy to get lost in the commercial hubbub (hence, the collusion comment).
Old May 24, 2016, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wasn't that impressed with the Singapore MRT both from a value for money standpoint and the timing of the trains. Then again I get to take what I consider the best subway system in Asia to work everyday, the Shanghai Metro.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Ah, so you admit that it does seem overcrowded at times.
That was my point...
What I have seen in Tokyo and Shanghai, Singapore is way above and beyond.

Did I specify MRT? How about buses? It's a 24-hour airport...at least help out airport employees with buses.
Somehow I am quite sure that airport workers have their own, employer provided free transportation.

Lots of the stations double as shopping centers. It's easy to get lost in the commercial hubbub (hence, the collusion comment).
Explain on example please. The quintessential case could be Orchard station with 5-6 shopping malls on both side of the street. As long as you know where you are going getting there is no problem because every exit ins numbered with signs showing what is there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.