Australians to access Singapore's auto immigration lanes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Australians to access Singapore's auto immigration lanes

As per businesstraveller.asia:

Australians flying into Singapore can take advantage of automated immigration lanes at Changi Airport from October 1.

The electronic clearence lanes are available throughout all three terminals at Singapore Changi Airport, and are usually reserved for citizens and permanent residents of the Lion City.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Ahem, next are US Global Entry pass holders?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by invisible
Old Sep 26, 2015, 5:59 pm

Major caveat in the small print though:

Holders of Australian passports aged 6 and above who have visited Singapore at least 3 times in the past 12 months immediately before enrolment and have no adverse record in Singapore are eligible to enrol for eIACS. They should bring along their Australian passport (with remaining validity of at least 6 months) and one recent colour passport-size photograph to the enrolment centres located at Changi Airport, Woodlands Checkpoint, Tuas Checkpoint and the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Building to apply for this service.
http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=13568

So you need to already be a frequent visitor, and you need to sign up in person and in Singapore.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lcpteck

As per businesstraveller.asia:

Australians flying into Singapore can take advantage of automated immigration lanes at Changi Airport from October 1.

The electronic clearence lanes are available throughout all three terminals at Singapore Changi Airport, and are usually reserved for citizens and permanent residents of the Lion City.
I'm not surprised since Singaporeans can already use smartgate down under...
(though, presumably, frequent visitors will already have APEC which doesn't typically add too much time compared to eIACS.)
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by invisible
Ahem, I'm pretty certain its not till SIN passports are able to be GE registered will ICA extend the privilege to GE registrants
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
You need to be a frequent visitor.

The signup process according to some i know who is it took 25min and it only lasts two years (HK for life of passport by comparison).

Given the longest I have ever waited at Singapore Airport is about 3min, doesn't seem worth it (although might be if you transit JB regularly with long queues on Sing side)... Only other advantage is saving stamp space

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.