Wiki Posts
Search

Henderson Waves - any shade?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Henderson Waves - any shade?

I was thinking of recommending the Henderson Waves trail (all 10kms) to family that are passing through. However, they will be stepping out between 1 and 5.30 pm in teh afternoon. By the time they hike up the Marang Trail from the bottom of the hill, I expect they will be pouring buckets of sweat. My recollection - there isn't much of shade on that trail.

Anyone been there recently that can confirm that?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by legionnaire
I was thinking of recommending the Henderson Waves trail (all 10kms) to family that are passing through. However, they will be stepping out between 1 and 5.30 pm in teh afternoon. By the time they hike up the Marang Trail from the bottom of the hill, I expect they will be pouring buckets of sweat. My recollection - there isn't much of shade on that trail.

Anyone been there recently that can confirm that?
That's my weekly hiking trail - from Bouna Vista/Kent Ridge to Hortpark, then Telok Blangah and Mount Farber, coming down at Harbourfront.

There is plenty of share on trail but not at the Henderson Waves itself. Shade is before and after it - on Mount Farber side and Telok Blangah side before reaching treetop walk trail. On treetop bridges - true, no shade.

It is up to you which side to do start - if you start from Kent Ridge side, it requires very steep uphill hike on Vigilante dr which starts right after NACLI (National Community Leadership Institute) offices. If one is not fit enough I would not recommend starting from there.

From Kent ridge park it is first gradual descent to Hortpark via treetop or forest rail (both are in shade) and after thru Alexandra Arch - another ascend to Telok Blangah park via treetop trail.

Or you can start other way around - from Harbourfront, go up to Mount Farber via steep Indiana Jones trail (as I call it) and then ascend via Henderson Waves and descend to Hortpark and another ascend to Kent Ridge.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:07 am

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend the trail in the afternoon. Do as the locals do and go either first thing in the morning, or just before dusk.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend the trail in the afternoon. Do as the locals do and go either first thing in the morning, or just before dusk.
Yes, don't go in the afternoons. You will be baked. The above recommendation makes a lot of sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.