Reload this Page >

Singapore Grand Prix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
Just got home from my trip over for several days primarily for the F1 ace. Stayed at the Marriott Tang Plaza, nice hotel. MRT is super efficient, used the tourist pass.

Visited Little India, Chinatown, Peranakan Museum, Sri Mariamman Temple, Maxwell Hawker Centre for the Tian Tian chicken rice (twice hehe), re-opening of the National Museum with an excellent docent tour, Botanic and Orchid Gardens, Sentosa and capped off with Cloud Forest and the light show. And Lau Pa Sat/Satay Street.

Packed in a lot over a few days. I was at the Canadian Grand Prix this year also and thought the Singapore event was more enjoyable for me.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
Hope it was fun for the both of you! My Dad and I bonded a lot over F1 as far back as I can remember, forever thankful for that.
It was great and well worth the sack of cash to get a quick weekend away. We spent a lot of time doing fun things on Sentosa during the day. I wasn't very impressed with Bon Jovi, but we watched from the back.^
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:02 pm

I'm not sure if it's against the rules here, but I posted a short picture report of the Singapore Grand Prix on my globetrekka website.

Formula 1 is really about the experience - gotta be there. In my report I have attached a number of photos that hopefully you will enjoy. I took a number of videos, but as there are strict rules over redistribution, I haven’t posted either the videos or all my photos.

For those of you haven’t gone before the best deal is to purchase a 3 day pass along with as many of your friends as possible. Unfortunately the early bird deal has now expired, but if you can get 8 people to go, you can get a S$20 discount per ticket.

Yes — S$278 is still quite expensive in absolute terms, but the reality is that the you get three nights of concerts each which would have cost S$150 per concert — so on top of the concerts you get to see some awesome racing!

Anything to bear in mind?
    • Go at 3pm or go for the F1 cars? This is definitely down to personal preference. I didn’t make any of the early slots, preferring to arrive around 6pm for the evening racing and the concerts. Bear in mind if you come at 3pm it is fully on tropical heat. I saw a lot of families choose this option; because staying until 1am really isn’t an option if you have young kids
    • If you want to be near the stage for the concert, go at least 2 hours before the concerts start. Otherwise you won’t be closer than 50metres. Also, try to go to the left hand side of the stage (as you look at the stage) as there are fewer people there. It will difficult to get over to that side as the entrance is on the RHS. However, once you push through, it is actually quite clear.
    • Selfie sticks — these are technically banned from the street circuit, but I never saw a single person being stopped from using them. Selfie sticks are also a good way of recording the concerts as you don’t block other people’s view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.