Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

what's in Singapore for 3 of us to visit and enjoy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what's in Singapore for 3 of us to visit and enjoy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I have Hilton gold, IHG platinum, Hyatt but no status, can pay extra points for club room. I have CC gold. I checked hilton with poitns for 6 night, it shows 49800 points a night and no free 1 night for 6 night.
Isnt Hilton like the rest book 4 get the 5th free? It shows you the total including the free night. IHG AFAIK wont get you a free breakfast unless you stay at a HEX, I dont think those in SIN will fit what youre looking for. I Think only Hyatt Diamonds get free breakfast, unless its a Hyatt Place. No CC props. What you need to do is see which pts wise works best for you The Hyatt paying for the Up to a Club room or The Hilton (thats if Golds get breakfast and lounge access). The 2 hotels are apx a 10 min walk from each other give or take a min or 2.

I havent stayed at either of them but when I have to decide I try and figure out which pts are easier to replinish and dont look to see which Im getting more for pts with $wise.But thats me alot of folks would rather stay where they feel they are saving the most $$

Id say look over each website and see if 1 hotel offers you more to what you need and want over the other.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Isnt Hilton like the rest book 4 get the 5th free? It shows you the total including the free night. IHG AFAIK wont get you a free breakfast unless you stay at a HEX, I dont think those in SIN will fit what youre looking for. I Think only Hyatt Diamonds get free breakfast, unless its a Hyatt Place. No CC props. What you need to do is see which pts wise works best for you The Hyatt paying for the Up to a Club room or The Hilton (thats if Golds get breakfast and lounge access). The 2 hotels are apx a 10 min walk from each other give or take a min or 2.

I havent stayed at either of them but when I have to decide I try and figure out which pts are easier to replinish and dont look to see which Im getting more for pts with $wise.But thats me alot of folks would rather stay where they feel they are saving the most $$

Id say look over each website and see if 1 hotel offers you more to what you need and want over the other.
All these Chains like Hilton, IHG, Hyatt are walking distance or close to Singapore Flyer, Sentosa Island, S.E.A. Underwater World, Universal Studios, Chinatown, Little India, the zoo & the parks?

Strange with Hilton award. Book 5 night you get 48K a night, book 6 night you get 48800 points a night . HEX is the Holiday Inn Express on Orchard right? Doesn't show any availability
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:47 pm
Suspended

All these Chains like Hilton, IHG, Hyatt are walking distance or close to Singapore Flyer, Sentosa Island, S.E.A. Underwater World, Universal Studios, Chinatown, Little India, the zoo & the parks?

Strange with Hilton award. Book 5 night you get 48K a night, book 6 night you get 48800 points a night . HEX is the Holiday Inn Express on Orchard right? Doesn't show any availability
1- from the little I know none of the hotels on or near Orchard are close to any of the places you mentioned at least walking wise The reg Holiday Inn is the closest to the Flyer and CBD and Id say its a 30 min walk. Now thats like taking a 30 min walk in Miami in the middle of July/Aug. The other hotels mentioned add an extra 15+ to that 30. But the subway is close by

2- There are 2 or 3 HEXs Im staying at the 1 by Clarke Quay 20-k per night, but again from reviews Ive read the rooms are small, but being Im traveling alone no big deal.I dont think Id go there if I was in a party of 3. Great location,imo.

The Marriott is on top of a subway station and the Hilton is 1 block away on the other side of Orchard (further from the Flyer) maybe theres an entrance from the Hilton as well to that same station

When I looked at the Hilton/Conrad they wanted 60k per night no matter the night/s I checked.

The IC and Conrad are I believe the closest chain hotels you mentioned to the Flyer , but I dont know if the type of supermkts,food places are as available in that area as it will be up on Orchard, hopefully someone with the info will post whats what. Its sort of like MIA where you want a hotel close to the beach , that doesnt rip-off for parking and cheap eats and supermkts near by, yet is close to the monkey jungle and parrot jungle etc etc, they dont exist at least anything decent. SIN is no different, you need to decide what you NEED and what youd LIKE to have and by choosing 1 you wont be getting much of the other. There is no right or wrong choice, its simply what is more important to you may not be to me and vice versa
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
IC is connected to a mall indoors with a one level below food court and supermarket. In the same mall there is a 3rd level food arcade. If you are willing to head outside there are quite a few choices of branded and hawker food.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
IC is connected to a mall indoors with a one level below food court and supermarket. In the same mall there is a 3rd level food arcade. If you are willing to head outside there are quite a few choices of branded and hawker food.
Any benefits (perks) for platinum member at this hotel or the other iHGs in Singapore?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
It is an IC so the only status that counts are Ambassador or Royal Ambassador. IHG Platinum does get you much at IC.

If you want to maximize your IHG Plat status you will do better at HIs.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

The weather from end week of march is around 80 degrees and hot all day and evening?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:13 pm
Suspended

The weather from end week of march is around 80 degrees and hot all day and evening?
its not how hot will it get , but its the Humidity that will kill you. Ive been there in Jan or Feb and can tell you wearing only your birthday suit is wearing way too much. Thats besides the downpours that occur time to time during the day

as long as you know the score it can be managed

As tentseller said, Plat usually gets you nothing with the ICs, sort of like being Plat with Marriott and the Ritz Cs. The 1 thing you do get is to use your pts to stay for free, but IC SIN is 50k per night I would think (but not 100% sure) that The Conrad would be better as a HH Gold which is in the same area as the IC

But all that does is get you walkable to the Flyer every place else except the CBD isnt walkable. So IMO why blow pts for a fancy place if its not where you want to be doing stuff. Heck Id rather get 2 rooms @ 20K at a HEX and still have pts left over, get breakfast if all I need is a place to shower and sleep. Now if I gonna be spending all kinds of hrs hanging at the hotel that would be different
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
its not how hot will it get , but its the Humidity that will kill you. Ive been there in Jan or Feb and can tell you wearing only your birthday suit is wearing way too much. Thats besides the downpours that occur time to time during the day

as long as you know the score it can be managed

As tentseller said, Plat usually gets you nothing with the ICs, sort of like being Plat with Marriott and the Ritz Cs. The 1 thing you do get is to use your pts to stay for free, but IC SIN is 50k per night I would think (but not 100% sure) that The Conrad would be better as a HH Gold which is in the same area as the IC

But all that does is get you walkable to the Flyer every place else except the CBD isnt walkable. So IMO why blow pts for a fancy place if its not where you want to be doing stuff. Heck Id rather get 2 rooms @ 20K at a HEX and still have pts left over, get breakfast if all I need is a place to shower and sleep. Now if I gonna be spending all kinds of hrs hanging at the hotel that would be different
HEX is the Holiday Inn Express on Orchard Rd right? You mean that is in the best location? I didn't find reward nights for those 5 to 6 night.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:38 am
Original Poster

I will be staying there for 6 nights.If you can give me 2 or three names of hotels for our needs. Something that has shops, stores, small restaurants for meals within walking distance AND close to the train stop for easy & short ride to the zoo & the parks Singapore Flyer, Sentosa Island, S.E.A. Underwater World, Universal Studios, Chinatown, Little India.
We have a 14 month son with us too. Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:50 am
Suspended

HEX is the Holiday Inn Express on Orchard Rd right? You mean that is in the best location? I didn't find reward nights for those 5 to 6 night.
thats 1 of them , Im booked for The HEX Clarke Quay (which really isnt in CQ) Its close to Chinatown, CBD Suppose to have a nice pool and 2 hot tubs on its roof and a 5 min walk to the MRT. Basically wanted a place for the least amount of pts that wasnt in the boondocks and @ 20k per night it fits the bill

Last edited by craz; Feb 13, 2015 at 12:03 pm
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by tentseller
It is an IC so the only status that counts are Ambassador or Royal Ambassador. IHG Platinum does get you much at IC.

If you want to maximize your IHG Plat status you will do better at HIs.
I am a simple IHG gold and was upgraded to a suite at the Singapore IC
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
free breakfast?

Is hilton, conrad holiday inn recommended for their locations ?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
free breakfast?

Is hilton, conrad holiday inn recommended for their locations ?
My original room rate included breakfast.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I have stayed at the IC several times while a Royal Ambassador. These were award stays and IC isn't as generous as if I had paid. I had my choice of either a suite or club access. I am surprised at your experience and happy for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.