Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

How to save hotel costs before an early morning flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

A colleague on a budget wants to save the expense of a hotel on his last night before catching an early morning flight out of Singapore.

He also needs to do some work during most of the night - so he needs a place where he can sit down, preferably with a table and Internet access.

The best I could come up with was the McDonalds at T3 arrivals level; does anyone have better ideas?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by TinDrum
A colleague on a budget wants to save the expense of a hotel on his last night before catching an early morning flight out of Singapore.

He also needs to do some work during most of the night - so he needs a place where he can sit down, preferably with a table and Internet access.

The best I could come up with was the McDonalds at T3 arrivals level; does anyone have better ideas?
Whole Changi has free internet access (assuming that you have a phone where you can get SMS code they send to get in). In terms where to sit - I would not say that Arrival is the quietest place. I'd rather suggest to go to the mezzanine level overlooking the runway, guaranteed that nobody will be there.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
You don't need a phone/SMS to have free WiFi access at Changi. You just need to show your passport and get the access code from any 24 hrs customer service desk. Each access code is good for 6 hours IIRC. Get a new code when old one expires.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, KLM Platinum, Air Berlin gold, HHonors Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by TinDrum

Why not go through immigration then pay a small fee for the transit lounge (rainforest lounge?). Privacy, security, coffee and snacks and no lingering fried smell on his clothes
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Assuming he can get official boarding pass the night before. Not possible with some airlines such as UA, DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.