Hotel in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Apart from the link above for the Crown, there is no other landside hotel.
Indeed, that is correct.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
This was the landside short sleep room rental at T3 arrival level that I used for a night of sleep before an early morning departure on DL:

http://www.thehaven.com.sg/
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by tentseller
This was the landside short sleep room rental at T3 arrival level that I used for a night of sleep before an early morning departure on DL:

Thanks for this. I looked everywhere trying to find something on a landside hotel and couldn't find this place on my own.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:06 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tentseller

Thanks! ^ I just learned something new today.
Old May 19, 2015, 3:59 am
TTM

Any suggestions for a 17 hour layover if I all want to do is eat hawker food and kaya toast in town??? Planning to leave the airport if at all possible.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Westin is close to a fairly fancy hawker center in an historic building that was restored very recently. You can also walk to Chinatown.

There's another fancy hawker center of sorts by the Espanade. Nearby hotels would be the Marina Mandarin, FS, Conrad, etc.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:54 am

I think TTM is more looking like normal choices of both hotels and Hawker centers, not 5*/"tourist hawker"

If you don't mind NOT visiting downtown, then I would suggest the Changi village hotel. Very decent 4* for not much more than 100$/night, some nice hawker food nearby, and close to the airport.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Originally Posted by TTM
Any suggestions for a 17 hour layover if I all want to do is eat hawker food and kaya toast in town??? Planning to leave the airport if at all possible.
Hotels.com has some decent pricing for Singapore. If you just want hawker food, kaya toast (worthless without accompanying kopi IMHO) & local color, perhaps consider Chinatown. Maxwell Food Centre and Chinatown Complex Food Centre are right there. Hotel 1929 looks interesting and is on my list for next visit.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:38 am
TTM

Originally Posted by JHattery
Hotels.com has some decent pricing for Singapore. If you just want hawker food, kaya toast (worthless without accompanying kopi IMHO) & local color, perhaps consider Chinatown. Maxwell Food Centre and Chinatown Complex Food Centre are right there. Hotel 1929 looks interesting and is on my list for next visit.
I did just that - booked a capsule hotel in chinatown a few blocks from Maxwell and kaya toast It will be a delicious stopover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.