Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking bags at cheap hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Checking bags at cheap hotels?

I'm going to be visiting Singapore for the first time, and my arrival flight gets in at 5 AM with a departure a few days later at 1:30 AM.Because of this, I'd prefer checking my bag at the hotel the morning I arrive and the afternoon I depart, since I certainly don't want to be traipsing around Singapore with a suitcase.

I've never been one for fancy hotels the same way I am for premium flights, so I'm vaguely planning on booking something in the $60-100 range. Will I run into an issue of not being able to check my bag at these cheaper hotels? If so, I'll book something a little more expensive in order to make sure it's not an issue--perhaps a western chain.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
What do you mean check your bags? I don't know any hotel that doesn't let you leave your stuff in your room.

If you mean just to leave your bags and go somewhere else, there are Left Baggage places in each terminal.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Bttc
I've never been one for fancy hotels the same way I am for premium flights, so I'm vaguely planning on booking something in the $60-100 range. Will I run into an issue of not being able to check my bag at these cheaper hotels? If so, I'll book something a little more expensive in order to make sure it's not an issue--perhaps a western chain.
You'll be lucky to get even a no-tell motel like Hotel 81 at that price in Singapore these days. That said, even the crappiest hotel will generally be happy to hold your suitcase for a while after checkout.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpatokal
You'll be lucky to get even a no-tell motel like Hotel 81 at that price in Singapore these days. That said, even the crappiest hotel will generally be happy to hold your suitcase for a while after checkout.
Thanks! I'll see what I can get, then. It might be nothing's in that range, but I'm glad to know it should be an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.