Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Which hotel in Singapore?

Which hotel in Singapore?

Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone who is interested in a relatively affordable location (approx US$120) should take a look at Lloyd's Inn. It's brand new and it looks really good!

http://lloydinn.com/

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I guess Raffles seems to be the majority opinion.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Hi,

Slightly highjacking this thread, another question on Singapore hotels:
Which one would be best foe a one-night stay as part of a honeymoon end of November?
Ideally, as we would only be staying 48h max in the city, I was considering a few options, given that I have SPG, Hilton and Carlson Gold, but am not fixed on any specific hotel.
Following criteria I am taking into consideration:
->Price shouldn't exceed Ł200 per night inc tax
->A very nice pool with stunning views(Excl. Bay sands, been there once and way too crowded)
->Easy access via MRT
->Preferrably late check-out or bag drop options while we explore the city
->FHR/Elite benefits a plus

Based on that, I had the following options:
->Naumi hotel, Ł133 per night
->The Westin, though from the info on Flyertalk it is in the business district and therefore not interesting to stay there during weekends.
->The Fullerton hotel, Ł188 per night
->Park Royal on Pickering
->The MO

Which one do you think is best?
Thanks a lot,
papyPihi
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:25 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

From your option, I would most likely pick the Fullerton because of the building but would make sure you have a room not looking into the courtyard

May I add another hotel worth to look at?

Hotel Fort Canning
http://www.hfcsingapore.com/
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:37 am
uk1
Suspended

I'd say that the Fullerton nudges ahead for a few reasons that might not individually seem to add up to be overwhelming, but it is when combined I think it wins ....

Firstly the Fullerton is really elegant and it has a lovely outside eating area for brekkies by the water. I have walked past when they are eating their breakfast and have felt envious.

Secondly it is across the road from a lovely riverside walk including the Merlion area and from there past One Fullerton and down the river. Sometimes in the evening you want to leave the hotel for a relaxing stroll without a taxi, or bus, or MRT palaver. The Fullerton fits that bill.

Thirdly you can wander to both Clarke Quay and Boat Quay for simple wanderings and meals and drinks which are literally steps away. And then just across the bridge back to your room.

Finally. a slightly longer walk gets you to Lau Pa Sat but even more importantly Satay Street for a couple of dozens sticks and a jug of Tiger. And China Town also isn't far for a wander for all things Chinese including the complex for food.

On balance ... i vote for the Fullerton from the options you suggest.

Enjoy your stay,

Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:28 am

Thanks both for the replies, I'll go for the Fullerton I think! I'll also have a look at the Fort canning, this one sounds also lovely
Now, off to try to bring the rate down with the different codes available to me...
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:15 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Thanks both for the replies, I'll go for the Fullerton I think! I'll also have a look at the Fort canning, this one sounds also lovely
Now, off to try to bring the rate down with the different codes available to me...
I'm fettered to the IC but if i wasn't I'd love to try the Fullerton. It is rated well by customers.

Just across the bridge from your hotel is a wonderful museum called the Asian Civilisations Museum which is worth going to ... if you like a private viewing, get there just before it opens and be first in.

https://www.acm.org.sg/home/home.html

Enjoy your stay and ask any questions you have.

Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Depending on the type of room you are going to get at the Fullerton though. Most rooms are very dated on worn, great exterior though. I would opt for Park Royal ...also very convenient located just next to China Town and opposite of CQ. A new hotel ..very modern and green. I think for the same price you pay for Fullerton you get a great room here. The Orchid Club Lounge btw there is excellent.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by sl00001
Depending on the type of room you are going to get at the Fullerton though. Most rooms are very dated on worn, great exterior though. I would opt for Park Royal ...also very convenient located just next to China Town and opposite of CQ. A new hotel ..very modern and green. I think for the same price you pay for Fullerton you get a great room here. The Orchid Club Lounge btw there is excellent.
Which park royal? The one on Pickering?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:17 am

Which park royal? The one on Pickering?
^ that's the only Park Royal I know near China Town and CQ ...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by sl00001
^ that's the only Park Royal I know near China Town and CQ ...
There are 3 Parkroyals in Singapore
- Parkroyal on Pickering (the one you mentioned)
- Parkroyal on Kitchener (Little India)
- Parkroyal on Beach Road (near Bugis)

There is also a Parkroyal Serviced Suites within the same development as the Beach Road property...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:54 am
uk1
Suspended

Not being argumentative but just expressing the view that very few FT'ers have seen or stayed in all of the 400 plus rooms in The Fullerton Hotel and can therefore state authoritatively that most rooms are very dated or worn ....

I'm sure that if there is a concern about this then contact with the hotel prior to arrival should ensure no one is dissapointed.

Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
Not being argumentative but just expressing the view that very few FT'ers have seen or stayed in all of the 400 plus rooms in The Fullerton Hotel and can therefore state authoritatively that most rooms are very dated or worn ....

I'm sure that if there is a concern about this then contact with the hotel prior to arrival should ensure no one is dissapointed.

You are right, haven't stayed in all 400 rooms (yet)
Not sure when the last renovated the rooms, but for sure GBP188 for a room in the Fullerton won't get you any new ones( if any).

Unless you are fortunate enough to get upgraded
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Fullerton Bay Hotel has many of the Fullerton's locational advantages (next door) but is stylish and trendy with a rooftop pool scene and views over Marina Bay. It's more like a W in many ways. [I've never stayed in the Fullerton but I've had meals there and I've walked around the hotel. To me, the rooms look small and identical and the place feels too large and oriented toward older people. However, the small pool is pretty.]

Westin has an infinity pool on about the 20th floor with good views. It's an easy walk to either Chinatown or the Marina Bay area. It seems a bit more young and trendy than most Westins in style. Cool sexy bathrooms with separate free standing bathtubs (at least in the rooms I had, but note that rooms of the same category can have very different layouts with room categories determined somewhat by the view more than room size, etc.).

The StRegis might be too expensive (cash and points?) but it's elegant and has a very nice pool but with with no views from the pool; it's on a second floor deck surrounded by fancy condo buildings.

I don't think there are Carlson properties in Singapore and I don't think the Hilton has advantages for a honeymoon.

Raffles, which is also far too expensive, has a very pretty pool on a third floor deck which is very private.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:45 pm
In memoriam

Hi,

Slightly highjacking this thread, another question on Singapore hotels:
Which one would be best foe a one-night stay as part of a honeymoon end of November?
Ideally, as we would only be staying 48h max in the city...
Something doesn't compute here. 48 hours and 1 night. Especially on a honeymoon. Unless you have some unusual arrival/departure circumstances. When do you plan to arrive/depart? Robyn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.