Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Best Flight Option to Singapore

Best Flight Option to Singapore

Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, HH Silver, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by invisible
People need to know that NH's seats in Y do not recline.
+1. At my size (6'1"/200lbs), I had a perfectly miserable time in NH Y from SIN-ORD (via NRT) last summer. Cabin service compares favorably vs UA, however.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rlabramow
What is the best option for flying to Singapore from NYC? Thanks!
Reviving this thread since I have the same question. Flying out of NYC to SIN in J in ~10 days. I've done JFK-HKG a few times, so I'm comfortable with that route, then onward to SIN. The alternative is a JFK-ICN-SIN routing via a Delta codeshare. The question there is whether I want to try for ExPlat this year on AA or Diamond on DL.

However, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest the ideal routing/time of day to depart JFK. Leaving late night and getting to SIN mid-day seems like the best way to maximize sleep, but I'm not sure if that will only throw my schedule even more off. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: most of them
personally I prefer to arrive in Asia in the evening or late night so I can just go right to bed and wake up the next morning on local time. But I don't sleep well on planes in any class.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by glennaa11
personally I prefer to arrive in Asia in the evening or late night so I can just go right to bed and wake up the next morning on local time.
Good point. That reasoning won out for me. I'm taking a 9am flight on CX JFK-HKG-SIN. I've been traveling to Asia more frequently and I find that I collapse in the evening even after sleeping a on the plane in J. Plus, the Super Bowl is the following morning (Singapore time), so an early rise will just mean I have time to watch the game.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rlabramow
What is the best option for flying to Singapore from NYC? It appears that anyway you cut it you have to stop somewhere. Any suggestions on best flight options?

Thanks!
Singapore Airlines.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Vaucluse
Singapore Airlines.
Second that. I often choose holiday locations according to where Singapore Airlines flies to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.