Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM

I'm excited to visit Singapore for the first time in October. Have inventoried and explored the luxury hotel scene and am curious for all of your advice!

Considering the following properties:

Mandarin Oriental
Ritz Carlton
Conrad
Four Seasons
Anything else?

There's a great promo rate with MO for Suites. A city suite is heavily discounted at around $350USD p/night with daily breakfast and 4th night free. I've heard that the hotel is in need of a facelift and has a bit of wear so I am cautious. Important factors are good pool, view, modern over traditional decor, and the usual service expectation from these types of properties.

Where would you all stay and why? Thanks!!!!^
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I'd add Pan Pacific in that list.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Is location an important factor for you? If not you may want to check out the hotels in Sentosa as well.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I recently stayed at the Mandarin Oriental and had a great stay. The location was great, the pool was beautiful, the restaurants were superb and the service was excellent. As far as I could tell the interior fittings were of the highest quality and by no means in need of repair.

I cannot recommend the Mandarin Oriental highly enough.

See this trip report for images and comments on the Mandarin Oriental
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:55 am

I'll add Capella and Shangri-La Singapore to the list.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Marriot and Pan Pacific Marina were renovated recently.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
Fullerton Bay is a relatively new property.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the great tips! Have considered Sentosa especially due to Capella Hotel, but will most likely stay closer by in the city.

Sixth Freedom - i think I'm sold on MO SIN for my trip based on your report! I saw your original BA report when it first was posted but didn't check back to see your MO SIN review. Great insight and I'm looking forward to staying there.
Was able to snag a city suite for ~$1600 ai for four nights.

Thanks all!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In addition to your list and properties away from the crowds on Sentosa, I'd add St Regis, Raffles (but it's not at all modern), Marina Bay Sands, perhaps the Hyatt, perhaps Marina Bay Sands, perhaps the Fullerton (I don't like it) or the Fullerton Bay (somewhat trendy/party scene). There's also a Westin opening around the Bay on about December 1. Not all of these are true luxury but I wouldn't call the Conrad luxury either. There are a few boutique hotels, including one on the back street behind Raffles, that claim to be luxury but I'm not convinced at all; rooms tend to be small.

Think about the location you want?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Marriot and Pan Pacific Marina were renovated recently.
No way is Marriott luxury!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ::JUJUBE
Sixth Freedom - i think I'm sold on MO SIN for my trip based on your report! I saw your original BA report when it first was posted but didn't check back to see your MO SIN review. Great insight and I'm looking forward to staying there.
Great news! I certainly enjoyed my time there.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ::JUJUBE
I plan to visit Singapore in late November and just priced out 4 nights of city suite at MO with the "suite temptation" promotion (i.e. 4th night free) and the total came to SGD2,400+, which is more than $1,800. Is that because the rate is higher in Nov?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pyrenees
I plan to visit Singapore in late November and just priced out 4 nights of city suite at MO with the "suite temptation" promotion (i.e. 4th night free) and the total came to SGD2,400+, which is more than $1,800. Is that because the rate is higher in Nov?
Thats what I'm thinking. I must have snagged a slow weekend
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Does the suite include lounge access? This is something that 1) is done very well in Singapore, and 2) can be good value if you're partial to a sharpener before dinner.

I remember a very pleasant stay in the Pan Pacific on their club floor a while back with my wife. You actually had to fight the staff off from refilling your glass They even included the minibar with a couple of beers ans d a limited selection of spirits, although I think this has been stopped now.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Shangri La, in particular the VIP Valley Wing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.