Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by SQ319
It's through the Bugis Junction mall. Exit the hotel through the doors next to the Business Centre and Olive Tree restaurant. You would be in the mall. Walk straight through the mall until you reach Macs on your right. On your left you would see an escalator going to the basement. Go down the escalation and continue straight. You will reach the ATMs/cash machines at the end and another escalator down which will bring you to Bugis MRT.
Thanks! Now I know.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: most of them
I am currently at the Parkroyal on Pickering. Certainly very modern decor. Lots of big windows (maybe too many!) in every space including the bathroom. It's won all sorts of design awards. They are big on projecting an image of "green" and sustainable development. Lots of vertical gardens and so forth. Haven't been down to the pool yet but it looks pretty cool. Club rooms have access to the 16th floor club for breakfast, cocktails, snacks as well as two outdoor terrace spaces for more city views.

Not sure if it fits your luxury category but it's the most money I have ever spent on a hotel room.

Good location right around the corner from Chinatown subway station and easy walking distance to the river and various sights.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by glennaa11
I am currently at the Parkroyal on Pickering. Certainly very modern decor. Lots of big windows (maybe too many!) in every space including the bathroom. It's won all sorts of design awards. They are big on projecting an image of "green" and sustainable development. Lots of vertical gardens and so forth. Haven't been down to the pool yet but it looks pretty cool. Club rooms have access to the 16th floor club for breakfast, cocktails, snacks as well as two outdoor terrace spaces for more city views.

Not sure if it fits your luxury category but it's the most money I have ever spent on a hotel room.

Good location right around the corner from Chinatown subway station and easy walking distance to the river and various sights.
A very new property, I've heard good things from quite a few people.

I would consider the price as fairly reasonable - Singapore Hotels are largely expensive anyway.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by dtsm
My own personal favorite remains Shangrila Hotel's Garden Wing
This is a great hotel, especially the garden wing. ^

Overall a lot depends on where one will be spending their time, what is the purpose of the visit, etc. The Shangri-La is great but if you don't like walking then you might end up taking a taxi to/from many places.

The St. Regis might be nice inside, but as a property I wouldn't choose it.

The Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton are next to each other, with the Pan Pacific nearby as well. The Pan Pacific would be a good choice if someone were to have lounge access, as the restaurant up top is now the new lounge.

For someone like myself, staying close to the River is always important, so for something more upscale there's the Fullerton hotel. The Swissotel The Stamford might be worth a look if you can book a Grand room (costs only a little bit more) as those are very roomy and if you can get the higher floors (above the roof of the Fairmont) then you will have a terrific view.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by WillI
What about raffles? My friend stayed there and spoke highly of it
I love the Raffles. I think it is by far the best and most luxury place to stay in SIN. The butler service is excellent. The rooms are spacious and elegant. The garden is huge and very nice, it's like a private "central park" in the hustle and bustle of this megacity. If you can afford it, go for the Raffles!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm a fan too, but I realize that Raffles has its faults. I find it amusing to see the "once in a lifetime" tourists marveling at the building and sometimes being treated badly as they behave badly.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm a fan too, but I realize that Raffles has its faults. I find it amusing to see the "once in a lifetime" tourists marveling at the building and sometimes being treated badly as they behave badly.
How are they behaving badly? For marveling at the building?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
I think it's when they jam the curbside lane. Last time I was there, the driver of the Bentley had to honk several times before he could drive in front of the main entrance.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
My partner and I enjoyed our stay at the Conrad recently. Did a trip report if interested.

Also we enjoyed the Marina Mandarin, decent view of the bay - and we liked the food at the main buffet!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
Walking through the lobby and trying to go to breakfast in bare feet.

Loud rowdy drunks in the rather elegant lobby bar instead of the Long Bar.

Not dressing appropriately for dinner in the fancy restaurant, meaning not just shorts and a wife-beater T shirt but also being sweaty as if just having done a long run in the tropical heat.

Smoking where smoking isn't allowed.

Nonguests of the hotel trying to sneak into the areas that reserved for hotel residents only, where there are either prominent signs or locked gates.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Walking through the lobby and trying to go to breakfast in bare feet.

Loud rowdy drunks in the rather elegant lobby bar instead of the Long Bar.

Not dressing appropriately for dinner in the fancy restaurant, meaning not just shorts and a wife-beater T shirt but also being sweaty as if just having done a long run in the tropical heat.

Smoking where smoking isn't allowed.

Nonguests of the hotel trying to sneak into the areas that reserved for hotel residents only, where there are either prominent signs or locked gates.
The hotel may bring some of this trouble upon themselves, they seem to positively encourage tourism in large areas of the hotel.

As for breaking "rules" - I've seen plenty of regular travelers at some of these places who think the rules don't apply to them
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:34 am
uk1
Suspended

I think I get your point ... but I haven't stayed there. I stay at the IC for around 40 nights per year and and often walk past and through Raffles. I get the impression "price-wise" that it is highly priced and that this is because they "can". I think of it as a tourist atrraction with rooms. Most of the facilities that you enjoy when you stay there you can enjoy (if you wish) as a visitor. I have the impression that to some - this is the place that they will always wish to tick off their list and that's fine.

I'm not sure that many savvy FT'ers would stay there ahead of other places in SIN that they would prefer.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Do you stay at the IC because you need to be in that location or you like the hotel? Just curious.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:49 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by aster
Do you stay at the IC because you need to be in that location or you like the hotel? Just curious.
Hi,

No - it's leisure travel so we can stay where we choose. I love the hotel and it's excellent value. It's in a great location - particularly for a long stay. It has a great club lounge and great staff. We always have the same Shophouse Club Suite which has a small garden which they put a small table and a couple of chairs out for us. It's a great place to have a Big Mac late at night when you are all noodled-out. There's a 24 hour Macdonalds a 100 yards away.

They are flexible in their approach, helpful and generous. They note how we like the mini-bar set up, when we like our room serviced and all of our foibles and particular requirements. Our next stay in a few weeks is 3 weeks+.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:46 am

Seems like you have an excellent setup there. No wonder you're a loyal customer over there.

I used to be with SPG but switched over to the Swissotel group. For me the #1 perk I was looking for was for the mid-tier status to allow entrance into the club lounge (regardless of type of room booked). As soon as you reach Eleva level with Swissotel (20 nights/year) you get that, plus free breakfast and internet too.

I also like that fact that they have two very good locations in Singapore. I really like the Swissotel Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, though I have also stayed at The Stamford where the lounge is very high up and offers some spectacular views (and for later there's the bar up top on like the 70th floor or something like that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.