Community
Wiki Posts
Search

late night arrival: economy hotel near the airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by gailwynand
What about Orchard Towers? I haven't visited so I wouldn't know, but I'm assuming people don't call it "four floors of whores" for no reason.
Well, people are right.
Originally Posted by gailwynand
Anyway, I've never flown JAL from SIN but you might check their flight schedule. If they don't have an afternoon or early evening flight operating, doubtful their counter will be open at 3pm.
I do not understand why would anyone spend 9 hours in the airport when there are bunch of options available outside. Singapore probably is the safest place in 3000km radius, for several hours there are plenty of sights and activities.

In case of checked luggage, one can simple check with the airline and the hotel if they allow to have checked luggage dropped of at hotel. SQ does it. Even if not, one can go to the airport and drop off all the luggage at luggage storing area - it is cheap and they are open 24h.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
That's an interesting idea. I'm sure we could get a 3 PM checkout at the Marriott, leave our bags with the concierge, hit the hawkers' markets for some refreshments, and then perhaps take the monorail to Sentosa Park or check out the Raffles Hotel bar and lounge area. We could then head to Changi around 9 or 10PM, check in and head for the JAL or OneWorld lounge after doing some duty free shopping. Sounds like a plan in addition to saving at least $100 on accommodations.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:12 am

People spend 9 hours at the airport because it is cheap and easy. I only ever go out into SG if I have a day or 2.

If not I just stay at Transit and collect my bags from unclaimed luggage the next day.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
If someone's looking for a decent hotel close to the airport then the Village Hotel Changi is a good choice.

Although not as cheap as the really cheap options in Singapore, it is a good hotel that used to be the Le Meridien hotel at Changi, so there's no need to be put off by the new name as it's still a great property.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC
the Crowne Plaza attached to terminal 3 is pretty good also. I like it because not only is it attached to the airport, its very close to the MRT (rail) station to get you into the city.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by MA_ORD
the Crowne Plaza attached to terminal 3 is pretty good also. I like it because not only is it attached to the airport, its very close to the MRT (rail) station to get you into the city.
That hotel sure is expensive.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by MA_ORD
Originally Posted by lcpteck
That hotel sure is expensive.
For short SG business stop I just stay there due to closeness to SIN. I have been offered quite reasonable rate for 1am arrival and 6am departure few days later.

Expensive? you negotiate lah!.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
There's also the Mercure Roxy at Parkway Parade. Good decent hotel and about 15 mins from the airport.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
There's also the Mercure Roxy at Parkway Parade. Good decent hotel and about 15 mins from the airport.
Mercure Roxy is also located in a residential area in Singapore with direct access to the airport and the city by bus no. 36.

And the area is home to some good local eats. Opposite the Mercure is a neighbourhood town centre with malls, hawker centres, public library, wet market. I know because I used to stay in the area when I was schooling there
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: 1K UA, CO, AA, ANA, SW
Are there hotel options on the airport just past immigration? My destination is Singapore. Arrive at 1:30 AM. Looks like transit hotel requires a departing flight. My departure is 5 days later. Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GDavis603
Are there hotel options on the airport just past immigration? My destination is Singapore. Arrive at 1:30 AM. Looks like transit hotel requires a departing flight. My departure is 5 days later. Thanks.
Terminal 3 Crowne Plaza
But if you're staying for five days, why wouldn't you go directly to the hotel or place you are spending the rest of your time at?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Transit hotel does not require departing flight. You check in there and then in the morning claim your bags and clear immigration.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
But if you're staying for five days, why wouldn't you go directly to the hotel or place you are spending the rest of your time at?
+1. You're only 30 minutes from town, might as well just grab a cab to your city hotel.

Crowne Plaza is nice, but i don't think it's worth the extra hassle to check in late and night and then check out again to move to the city hotel the next morning.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GDavis603
No options, just a Crowne Plaza - a very nice, very expensive one, attached to the airport.

No problem at all staying at the airside transit hotels: you don't need a departing flight. If you are looking to save money on your shortened first night, this might be the best option.

But it really would be a whole lot easier just going directly to the hotel you are using for the rest of your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.