Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Smile Singapore Airport Lounges?

Hi everyone!

I am going to have an 7 hour layover in Singapore Airport from 12 midnite to 7 am. I am really dreading this, because its unbearably long to stay in a terminal, but too short to go to a hotel.

I am a member of Priority Pass, and it seems like there are several luxury lounges in Singapore Airport. The Skyview Lounge, Green Market, Rainforest, and two Ambassador Transit lounges. Some of these have "sleeping rooms" and showers.

Has anyone tried any of these lounges for long stays? Do they let you use the sleeping room for 6 hours at time? Is this a good option for me?

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I'm a PP member as well and travel to Singapore monthly. The lounges are anything but luxurious. In fact it's rather poor value for money if you're payin to go in. One has to pay for alcoholic drinks including beer. Only rainforest lounge has sleeping beds as far as I'm aware. They are not individual rooms but partitioned by curtains. Green market is like a restaurant.

There's the Ambassador Transit Hotel at T1,T2 and T3 for rent if you want a proper bed to sleep in.

Last edited by RJ77; Mar 15, 2013 at 1:24 am
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bolomd
Hi everyone!

I am going to have an 7 hour layover in Singapore Airport from 12 midnite to 7 am. I am really dreading this, because its unbearably long to stay in a terminal, but too short to go to a hotel.

I am a member of Priority Pass, and it seems like there are several luxury lounges in Singapore Airport. The Skyview Lounge, Green Market, Rainforest, and two Ambassador Transit lounges. Some of these have "sleeping rooms" and showers.

Has anyone tried any of these lounges for long stays? Do they let you use the sleeping room for 6 hours at time? Is this a good option for me?

Thanks
AS RJ77 notes, why wouldn't you book the Transit Hotel?
http://www.harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel.html
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:41 am
Original Poster

These were great tips! Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RJ77
I'm a PP member as well and travel to Singapore monthly. The lounges are anything but luxurious. In fact it's rather poor value for money if you're payin to go in. One has to pay for alcoholic drinks including beer. Only rainforest lounge has sleeping beds as far as I'm aware. They are not individual rooms but partitioned by curtains. Green market is like a restaurant.

There's the Ambassador Transit Hotel at T1,T2 and T3 for rent if you want a proper bed to sleep in.
I believe the Skyview lounge is the exception here and gives free drinks! It certainly did when I used it a few years back as it was the AF lounge, and it's miles better than the SATS lounge in T2 which is utterly dreadful IMO!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I believe the Skyview lounge is the exception here and gives free drinks! It certainly did when I used it a few years back as it was the AF lounge, and it's miles better than the SATS lounge in T2 which is utterly dreadful IMO!
I think you're right now that my memory's jogged. It's the best lounge that PP members can get access. Food is decent and booze is free and plenty of seats now that they've opened up another section.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I have visited them all.

skyview Lounge - the best of the lot, also used by CX . Departing boarding pass is required for admission.

Green Market - it's a restaurant in every way. You get a so-called "Japanese" set menu with appetizer buffet. 1 non-alocholic drink, and unlimited green tea. It's an OK meal compared to lounge food. No shower/toilet. You use public washroom in the shopping area. Also it's closed overnight.

Rainforest - almost theme-park like internet cafe. I had a look from the outside, inquired about the "sleeping area" and left. The "sleeping area" costs extra even with PP, and it costs more than the transit hotel if staying for 6 hours. They are not private rooms like at the transit hotel.

Ambassador Transit lounges - quite dated. mediocre food. 3 hour limit IIRC. They make you wear a big sticker indicating the time you need to leave the place. Co-ed washrooms where the waste baskets had no cover so used feminine products in plain view. Eeeew. Dimly lit showers and it gives an impression (could be the reality too) that they are not too clean.

SATS lounges: Don't think they are dreadful - I visited 2 of those. They are better than Rainforest or Ambassador Transit loungers, perhaps just slightly below Skyview. They have a few cradle reclining lounge chairs in a secluded but not private area.

Last edited by beep88; Mar 16, 2013 at 10:35 am
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by beep88
SATS lounges: Don't think they are dreadful - I visited 2 of those. They are better than Rainforest or Ambassador Transit loungers, perhaps just slightly below Skyview. They have a few cradle reclining lounge chairs in a secluded but not private area.
Perhaps SATS have upped their game as it was a few years back - they had a lounge opposite the SQ ones in T2, up on the balcony. Always struck me like you'd gone through a timewarp...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:45 pm

I have about 3 hours in SIN between flights. After flying 24 hours, I feel I will want a shower or to sit in a lounge and relax or maybe walk through the butterfly garden. These lounge reviews sound scary! Are they really that bad? I don't care about free drinks as long as the water is drinkable!

Last edited by TheHawk2002; Jun 27, 2013 at 3:44 pm
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:16 am

Never been to the paid lounges, but the SQ ones aren't scary by any means and I doubt the others are too...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:39 am

Assuming your connecting flight departs from T3, the Ambassador Transit Lounge at T3 is fine. In fact most lounges are fine just that 'luxury' is not a word I would describe them alluding to the OP way of description.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by TheHawk2002
I have about 3 hours in SIN between flights. After flying 24 hours, I feel I will want a shower or to sit in a lounge and relax or maybe walk through the butterfly garden. These lounge reviews sound scary! Are they really that bad? I don't care about free drinks as long as the water is drinkable!
If you have *A Gold membership you can go to the SATS lounge. I personally prefer it to all other options available.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:57 am

I just realized I may have a significant lay over in DPS as well. Does the *A Gold membership have a lounge there? Our flight from outlying island comes in to DPS followed by several HOURS before we fly home.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TheHawk2002
I just realized I may have a significant lay over in DPS as well. Does the *A Gold membership have a lounge there? Our flight from outlying island comes in to DPS followed by several HOURS before we fly home.
*A Lounge Finder http://tinyurl.com/kd3d9k2
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
The *A lounge finder found only the TG lounge in Terminal 1 for *A Gold member flying Y on the Singapore Airline; yet other posts above mentioned that the SATS Lounges or the KrysFlyer Lounges are also good for *A Gold members.

Are all of the above true? Are they all open 24-hour? Which one has a shower? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.