Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
I'll be flying out in Biz, with Qantas - 737 to PER at 18:00ish (no OW Status).
How does the QF Lounge stack up against the SIN pack ?

Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by in2it54
I'll be flying out in Biz, with Qantas - 737 to PER at 18:00ish (no OW Status).
How does the QF Lounge stack up against the SIN pack ?

Thanks.
When the QF lounge is open, you won't go wrong with that. You will get access as you are flying in J.

The bar at Qantas and cooked to order food are the highlight.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:14 pm

Just looking at some of lounges on this site, https://gourmetsociety.dragonpassuk....Changi-Airport

We are looking to leave from Terminal 1, just wondering if it worth staying in a Terminal 1 lounge of are the other 2 lounges are better and do you have to go through customs to access the T2 and T3 lounges. Main thing is really find a place to lay down for my Wife to rest as she has issues flying, I can sit up, its hard to get those other rest chairs in the public area as they are always taken. Thank you
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by Joseph Chin
Just looking at some of lounges on this site, https://gourmetsociety.dragonpassuk....Changi-Airport

We are looking to leave from Terminal 1, just wondering if it worth staying in a Terminal 1 lounge of are the other 2 lounges are better and do you have to go through customs to access the T2 and T3 lounges. Main thing is really find a place to lay down for my Wife to rest as she has issues flying, I can sit up, its hard to get those other rest chairs in the public area as they are always taken. Thank you
I can't speak to your question about whether or not a particular lounge is better or worse - my only direct experience is with the SATS lounge in T3 (see next paragraph). However all three terminals are connected both air and ground side by skytrain. Once you've cleared Singapore passport control (immigration) you can freely move between terminals.

On SATS T3, they have something like three or four massage chairs (I vaguely recall OTO brand but this changes). The rest are regular upholstered chairs, not the lay down or day bed type. I haven't visited SATS T2 but I'd presume it's set up in a similar way.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:59 am

Thanks dsgtc0408, I brought one of those dragonpass which is like 16 pounds per entry for any of the 11 lounges in Singapore, when you went into SATS were most of the seats more upright, there no lounge sort of chairs to kind of lay down? As well whats the food like in there, so people say its good, others not so good.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
SATS in T3 is been renovated recently I would prefer it over to KF Gold lounge.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by Joseph Chin
Thanks dsgtc0408, I brought one of those dragonpass which is like 16 pounds per entry for any of the 11 lounges in Singapore, when you went into SATS were most of the seats more upright, there no lounge sort of chairs to kind of lay down? As well whats the food like in there, so people say its good, others not so good.
I have to preface my response by saying that I haven't been in SATS T3 since the renovation (thanks to invisible for pointing this out). Having said that, my sense is that the photographs that are in the Gourmet Society/Dragonpass link for T3 (the photos will open up) are as the lounge as I remember them. You should note that the photos make the space seem larger than they actually are, especially around the food serving areas. Anyway, there are photos of the chairs.

As for the food, I think it's fine. I can only comment on the breakfast offerings because I fly UA which departs in the early morning. There is a reasonable range of hot/warm food which is a mix of Western and Asian, plus the usual cold breakfast and juices. I'd expect a decent selection for lunch and dinner. One reason why the comments from others on the food are a mixed bag is that some of the travelers might be comparing SATS' food with that of the Singapore Airlines' Silver Kris and Kris Gold lounges. The Silver Kris especially offer a really broad range of food much of which I find to be pretty good; then again it's their business/first class lounge at their home airport. From the link it seems your Dragonpass is valid for the independent lounges but does not include the airline lounges. FWIW my view is that SATS' cooking is considerably better than fast food.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:20 am

Do any of the lounges have ironing boards/services?

I am arriving SIN around midnight but then taking a round trip to KUL later that morning. I was thinking about just staying at one of the lounges until my early AM flight, but I need to press my suit and shirt before giving a presentation. Would I be better off booking into a transit hotel or do any of the lounges have ironing boards/services?

thanks much
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by beep88
Have used various priority pass lounges at SIN with only an arrival boarding pass. Did not have onward boarding pass. Did not have to show departing ticket. That has been the case over the years except for Skyview which is no longer there. I usually arrived late night, showered at the lounge, then spent 6 hours at the transit hotel maximizing my sleep time.

At the land side Haven, no boarding pass was required at all.
If it was not enforced before, it apparently is now...

Originally Posted by http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-spent-18-days-in-airport-transit
A jobless Malaysian man who overslept at a Changi Airport lounge and missed his flight back to Kuala Lumpur decided to stay in the departure transit area.

For almost three weeks - 18 days from Aug 21 until last Wednesday - Raejali Buntut remained in transit by using 31 forged mobile boarding passes to enter various lounges in the three terminals.

But a worker at a lounge he had visited four times saw through his ruse and called the police.

Yesterday, Raejali, a former business development manager with Royale Consultant Management in Singapore, was jailed for two weeks after he pleaded guilty to three out of 31 charges of forgery.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Nicholas Lim Kah Hwee had asked for two to three weeks' jail, noting Raejali's "blatantly lawless behaviour".

In response to media queries, police said it "conducts patrols and regular security checks on persons in the transit areas to ensure the safety and security of all passengers".

A district court heard that Raejali, who turns 33 on Monday, had a ticket for an AirAsia flight scheduled to depart for Kuala Lumpur at 7.05am on Aug 21.

The night before, he checked in at close to midnight and went to the Plaza Premium Lounge in Terminal 1 - using his boarding pass and his Priority Pass issued by Citibank.

But he woke up late and missed his flight. He then decided to continue using the facilities at the lounges in the departure transit areas of the airport's three terminals.

The court was not told why he wanted to stay at the airport.

Passengers are required to have a valid boarding pass to enter a transit lounge. Since Raejali's boarding pass was no longer valid, he decided to forge boarding passes.

He downloaded images of mobile boarding passes issued by two airlines - Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines - from the Internet, and used an image editing software on his laptop to alter them.

Raejali inserted his name, a false flight number and a false destination on the fake mobile boarding passes, before sending them to his phone. He forged 31 such passes and used them at nine lounges run by five operators.

For instance, Raejali went into the Plaza Premium Lounge in T1 at about 11.30pm on Aug 21, and next moved to the Sats Premier Lounge at the same terminal at around noon on Aug 23.

The next morning, he went to the Dnata Lounge at T1 before going to the Ambassador Transit Lounge at T3 the following morning.

Last Tuesday, a staff member at the Dnata Lounge at T1 called police when she suspected Raejali's misdeeds. He had entered the lounge as recently as three days earlier on Sept 3. He had also gone there on Sept 1 , Aug 29 and Aug 24.

Raejali was arrested by the police at about 4pm last Wednesday. His sentence was backdated to the date of his remand last Friday. He could have been jailed for four years and fined per charge.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Well he certainly didn't get into the most coveted airline lounges... but the generic ones which don't necessarily can/will check your flight details.

http://singapore.coconuts.co/2016/09...s-enter-luxury
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Would I be correct in thinking that KrisFlyer Gold lounge is better than SKL (in T2)?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Would I be correct in thinking that KrisFlyer Gold lounge is better than SKL (in T2)?
I don't think so. SilverKris (for Business class pax) is always better than KrisFlyer Gold (for Star Alliance Gold holders).
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
No, absolutely not. While I personally think that both the SKL as well as the KF Gold in T2 are slightly worse than their counterparts in T3 (but that's personal feeling, others imho have reported the opposite) the SKL is MILES ahead of the KF Gold no matter if in T2 or T3. The KF Gold, after all, is the "dump that SQ has to offer to Y Gold flyers who they detest"
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
I don't think so. SilverKris (for Business class pax) is always better than KrisFlyer Gold (for Star Alliance Gold holders).
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No, absolutely not. While I personally think that both the SKL as well as the KF Gold in T2 are slightly worse than their counterparts in T3 (but that's personal feeling, others imho have reported the opposite) the SKL is MILES ahead of the KF Gold no matter if in T2 or T3. The KF Gold, after all, is the "dump that SQ has to offer to Y Gold flyers who they detest"
Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Departing on JAL in May (T1 as best I can tell) in business class, their site says that I will have access to SATS. But the OW site says Qantas is open to us, and I also have PP which would allow me into DNATA or Wellness (but not my wife, without paying).

Advice on which is best to visit with the goal of a good hot breakfast, and finding seating during the morning crush (we depart at 8am)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.