Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Hi, I was surprised to see that you didn't follow up off your earlier thread...

1. Yes, they both exist (unless they closed in the last three weeks). They're one floor up from the gate level/passport control. If you go up the escalator closest to where ground side passengers exit passport control and enter air side, you'll walk past the SATS lounge first, then it's the Kris Gold lounge both on the right. SATS has shower stalls, Kris Gold does not.

2. As answered by the other poster, yes. You can't miss it.

3. Using the itinerary, hard to say although I think not likely; you might have better luck with the receipt as that at least has the ticket number; if UA issued ticket, number starts with 016. (BTW important point to clarify: SATS is NOT a *A lounge. They are a contract lounge that UA uses for all their passengers that qualify; UA doesn't send their passengers to Kris Gold although most can enter anyway based on *A gold status.) Both lounges check customers in by scanning the barcode printed on the boarding pass. Kris Gold may want to see the UA MP card showing *G status. SATS normally expects passengers entering to present a lounge invite issued at check in, but I presume as long as boarding pass permits this isn't a major issue.
Thanks for your response. Itinerary was a bad word that I used. I did mean using the print out of an e-receipt with the UA ticket number on it.

If SATS is not *A Gold lounge then it only leaves us with one option then as we are not flying UA metal out of SIN with an UA ticket.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Do I have this right? SilverKris lounge is better than the Gold lounge in T3?
I apparently have access to both (UA 1k / *G, arv SQ J, dpt UA J, and United Club card)?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
Do I have this right? SilverKris lounge is better than the Gold lounge in T3?
I apparently have access to both (UA 1k / *G, arv SQ J, dpt UA J, and United Club card)?
Yes, SilverKris Lounge is better than Krisflyer Gold Lounge.

No you do not have access to SilverKris Lounge, as it's only for passengers departing on SQ flights in First or Business Class or are PPS members.

If you do a search in the SQ forum, you probably can find an answer to your question, as it has been asked quite frequently.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by SQ319
Yes, SilverKris Lounge is better than Krisflyer Gold Lounge.

No you do not have access to SilverKris Lounge, as it's only for passengers departing on SQ flights in First or Business Class or are PPS members.

If you do a search in the SQ forum, you probably can find an answer to your question, as it has been asked quite frequently.
OK...The lounge finder says I do have access to the SilverKris Biz Lounge. You're saying that is incorrect info? You can see where I'd be confused
Yes, I've done a search. Lots of questions and lots of *different* answers.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by SQ319
SilverKris allows access for *Alliance flights in J, not only SQ's flights.

Last year I was flying on ANA and this year on UA and I had no problem accessing the lounge.

However it is correct that pax are allowed for departing flights only and this is the case for all lounges.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by invisible
SilverKris allows access for *Alliance flights in J, not only SQ's flights.

Last year I was flying on ANA and this year on UA and I had no problem accessing the lounge.

However it is correct that pax are allowed for departing flights only and this is the case for all lounges.
Indeed you are correct.
I found this on the Changi site:
Singapore Airlines First and Business Class, and Economy Class passengers holding PPS Membership card
All Star Alliance (First Class/ Business Class)
SilkAir Business Class and Economy Class passengers holding PPS Membership card

I do find it odd that Silver is "better" than Gold -- very confusing for SQ to do that IMO.

And as I said, you ask a question, you inevitably will get many different answers, sometimes making you more confused than you were at the start!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I still don't have clear if a *G flying in Y class on SQ has access to any lounge in Changi.

The SQ website only mentions their own Silver and Gold.

But as my BP will show TK*G all the way from IST to SYD, I do wonder what the SQ policy is.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
I still don't have clear if a *G flying in Y class on SQ has access to any lounge in Changi.

The SQ website only mentions their own Silver and Gold.

But as my BP will show TK*G all the way from IST to SYD, I do wonder what the SQ policy is.
Yes, no problem. You're allowed in Gold. I just did it a few days ago with SQ Y. If you are flying biz on any *G you have access to Silver.

Again, how odd Silver is better than Gold. What were they thinking when they named the lounges. "Let's confuse everyone, just for kicks!"
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Thanks chavala.
Good to know that at least a basic lounge for Y on *G is available at SIN.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Thanks chavala.
Good to know that at least a basic lounge for Y on *G is available at SIN.
You can use Krisflyer lounger which is a Start Alliance lounger (but not silver Kris lounge which is for business/first class passenger only)
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:32 am

Again, how odd Silver is better than Gold. What were they thinking when they named the lounges. "Let's confuse everyone, just for kicks!"
Since nobody else has answered: "KrisFlyer" is the name of SQ's FFP, and the inflight magazine is called "SilverKris". So SQ premium cabin/frequent flyers are supposed to use SilverKris (SQ's own super-premium "SPP" members have access even when flying in economy), and other *G riffraff are supposed to use the Star Gold lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Since nobody else has answered: "KrisFlyer" is the name of SQ's FFP, and the inflight magazine is called "SilverKris". So SQ premium cabin/frequent flyers are supposed to use SilverKris (SQ's own super-premium "SPP" members have access even when flying in economy), and other *G riffraff are supposed to use the Star Gold lounge.
Thanks for clearing that up it for me
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:22 am

SQ didn't do it to confuse anyone and this name existed way before FFPs and different membership levels became a norm. This is quoted from the SilverKris inflight magazine

"SILVERKRIS is named after the kris, a Malay weapon used in the 14th century. Legend has it that the kris possessed many qualities, the greatest of which was its ability to anticipate danger and protect its owner. The kris was treated with utmost respect and often became a family heirloom. Today, its function is purely ceremonial. In choosing a kris made of silver as the symbol of our service, we acknowledge both the quality and reputation of Malay silverware and our roots in Malayan Airways, which began in 1947."
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by jpatokal
... and other *G riffraff are supposed to use the Star Gold lounge.
(my bold, sorry)

Oops, almost. The lounge for us unwashed Star Gold ruffians flying in Y is known as the Kris Gold lounge.... (which of course has the *G symbol reasonably well posted). OK but nothing to write home about especially after enjoying the Silver Kris Lounge...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:54 am

Recently at the entrance to the SQ Gold lounge (in T2), a Gentlemen in front of me was puzzled why the lady told him to move to the SilverKris lounge (he was in C) - he didn't really understood her (his English must have been poor, he was German) till I explained to him in his native tongue what was going on.

So yes, they should at least clarify it a bit better, as it's not the first time I've seen someone being irritated by the naming.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.