Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
As I understand it....

SQ has two 'Silver Kris' lounges - one in T2 and one in T3. You get access if you're flying in J on a Star Alliance carrier (we got in there on Lufthansa). Only the T3 one is classified as a star alliance lounge, so if you're *G you can use that one (all terminals are linked airside at Singapore).

This is somewhat incorrect. The SilverKris lounges are for C/F pax only. *G pax are given access to the Gold lounge (around the corner in T3).

Originally Posted by invisible
With UA Gold you can get into SATS lounge in T3 which has shower.
The T3 SATS lounge is a contract lounge and not accessible unless holding an entry invite. When flying an airline that uses this lounge (such as UA) then you'll be given an invite, otherwise there's no entry.

The showers in there are functional but nothing great.

Originally Posted by TheHawk2002
According to the lounge finder, my only option is Thai lounge in Terminal 1. I would prefer to be closer to my departure gate.
You have access to the KrisGold lounge in T3. There is no shower there however (nor is there one in the TG lounge).

Do I get passes from United or something? Sorry. I am just absolutely clueless about this!
I'm assuming that most of these lounges will look like the United lounges, which usually have a shower.
There is a Kris Flyer Gold at T2 and T3. Do they have showers?
There is the SATS option but I would prefer to shower closer to T2.
However, what do I know? T2 may be a stone's throw from T3!
No showers in the Kris Gold lounges. No bathrooms for that matter either. T2 is a quick, 3 minute, tram ride from T3... and the tram is close by the T3 lounges.

Is there still a SATS lounge in T2?

In order to access a lounge as a *G you'll need your UA *Gold status card and your BP.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:19 am

Here are my options as I see them:
1) hang out at SIN without worrying about taking a shower after being on a flight for 20 plus hours, enjoy what is at SIN, walk around, see butterflies.
2) pay to get in a lounge for a shower -- from what I can tell my options really are limited to Ambassador lounges for showers.
3) look into priority pass and those lounges. Not sure if I pay extra for shower at those lounges.

On our return flight, we arrive at like 11pm and fly out of SIN at 3a or something. My guess is that I will want to hang in a lounge at that point but will have limited options given the time frame.

On our return flight, I have a potentially long lay over in DPS (coming from outer island on charter flight). I may have up to 7 hours to kill. I've heard I can't get to lounges or ditch bags but anyone have any thoughts? The reason I ask this along with SIN comments is that if I get priority pass, are there lounges at DPS that I could use?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
What are the options for oneworld transit passengers? Are the lounges open 24 hours?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:40 am

The SQ lounges are, not sure about the rest... I was there around 4am though and there were quite a few open including the SATS lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Here are my options as I see them:
1) hang out at SIN without worrying about taking a shower after being on a flight for 20 plus hours, enjoy what is at SIN, walk around, see butterflies

2) pay to get in a lounge for a shower -- from what I can tell my options really are limited to Ambassador lounges for showers.
Here're your options
http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...d-spa-services

And depending on what time you arrive you can make use of the swimming pool facilities with its shower and jacuzzi onsite.
http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan.../swimming-pool

Travelling between terminals is a piece of cake, don't fret too much.

3) look into priority pass and those lounges. Not sure if I pay extra for shower at those lounges.
Unless you travel frequently and in economy, I don't see it worthwhile getting a PP just to get acess to a shower, just pay as you go.

On our return flight, we arrive at like 11pm and fly out of SIN at 3a or something. My guess is that I will want to hang in a lounge at that point but will have limited options given the time frame.

On our return flight, I have a potentially long lay over in DPS (coming from outer island on charter flight). I may have up to 7 hours to kill. I've heard I can't get to lounges or ditch bags but anyone have any thoughts? The reason I ask this along with SIN comments is that if I get priority pass, are there lounges at DPS that I could use?
Yes there're lounges that PP member can use in DPS, just visit the PP website to check out, however I would suggest you try to have an earlier flight to SIN and spend your long layover in Singapore rather than get holed up in a lounge at DPS, there're plenty of flights plying DPS-SIN.
Then take a taxi to downtown to have a dinner and have a drink at Marina Bay Sands either at Ku De Ta or Sky on 57, it's my favourite thing to do to take in the skyline of Singapore at dusk. You can even join a city tour organized by the Changi Airport if you don't arrive too late.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...singapore-tour

or things to do at Changi.

http://www.changiairport.com/in-tran...er-experiences
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:44 pm

Our situation is a bit more complicated, and I'm wondering if this plan would work. We arrive at SIN on Singapore Airlines just after 1:00 am, then are taking an Air Asia flight to KUL later in the morning. I have Priority Pass so we can get into some of the lounges which would help to pass the time. The problem is that our bags can't be transferred between the two airlines, so we have to leave the transit area to get bags, then check in to Air Asia (which as I understand it, won't be open for check-in in the wee hours). So we're considering just staying in the transit area and going to one of the lounges. With web check-in for Air Asia, we can apparently print out our boarding passes in advance, which should give lounge access. Priority Pass allows lounge access regardless of the airline, so I'm assuming this means budget airlines such as Air Asia as well. Then closer to the flight, we would pick up our bags and check in for the next flight. Does this sound do-able or am I missing anything?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by robinkar
Our situation is a bit more complicated, and I'm wondering if this plan would work. We arrive at SIN on Singapore Airlines just after 1:00 am, then are taking an Air Asia flight to KUL later in the morning. I have Priority Pass so we can get into some of the lounges which would help to pass the time. The problem is that our bags can't be transferred between the two airlines, so we have to leave the transit area to get bags, then check in to Air Asia (which as I understand it, won't be open for check-in in the wee hours). So we're considering just staying in the transit area and going to one of the lounges. With web check-in for Air Asia, we can apparently print out our boarding passes in advance, which should give lounge access. Priority Pass allows lounge access regardless of the airline, so I'm assuming this means budget airlines such as Air Asia as well. Then closer to the flight, we would pick up our bags and check in for the next flight. Does this sound do-able or am I missing anything?
Sounds okay. Just need to note that your bags may no longer be on the belt when you finally collect them for your onward check in. You will need to present your baggage tags to at the lost baggage area (In between Belts 44 and 45 in T3, and Belts 34 and 35 in T2) collect your bags.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Now that I know for sure that our flights will all be landing in T3, I would like to confirm that the following are still true for *A Gold access:

1. In T3, the two options, namely, KrisGold and SATS Lounges, still exist and the latter has a shower?

2 How do I distinguish them? Does it actually have a sign that said "SATS Lounge"?

3. We are transiting and arrive after midnight. If we could not pre-print our boarding pass from NRT, would either *A Gold lounge allows access with a print itinerary?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
>> we can apparently print out our boarding passes in advance, which should give lounge access [for priority pass]

I got in various lounges with Priority Pass and arriving boarding pass. No need for departing boarding pass except for Skyview lounge which has strict requirement for a boarding pass on a flight departing within a certain time frame.

>> Does it actually have a sign that said "SATS Lounge"?

yes. Otherwise how would people know?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by beep88
>> we can apparently print out our boarding passes in advance, which should give lounge access [for priority pass]

I got in various lounges with Priority Pass and arriving boarding pass. No need for departing boarding pass except for Skyview lounge which has strict requirement for a boarding pass on a flight departing within a certain time frame.

>> Does it actually have a sign that said "SATS Lounge"?

yes. Otherwise how would people know?
The question was about *A Gold lounge, not Priority Pass!

There were apparently time when boarding pass can not be printed in advanced!

Thanks for confirming that the sign actually said "SATS". Is it a word or acronym? Any one know?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
Thanks for confirming that the sign actually said "SATS". Is it a word or acronym? Any one know?
SATS was previously known as Singapore Airport Terminal Services. But nobody uses the full name anymore. It's just now known as SATS.

http://www.affinity.sats.com.sg/serv...r-lounges.html
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319
SATS was previously known as Singapore Airport Terminal Services. But nobody uses the full name anymore. It's just now known as SATS.

http://www.affinity.sats.com.sg/serv...r-lounges.html
Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by robinkar
... I have Priority Pass so we can get into some of the lounges which would help to pass the time. The problem is that our bags can't be transferred between the two airlines, so we have to leave the transit area to get bags, then check in to Air Asia (which as I understand it, won't be open for check-in in the wee hours). So we're considering just staying in the transit area and going to one of the lounges. With web check-in for Air Asia, we can apparently print out our boarding passes in advance, which should give lounge access. ....
Originally Posted by beep88

The question was about *A Gold lounge, not Priority Pass!
Was it?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:49 pm

Never mind!

Last edited by lax2010; Feb 15, 2014 at 7:33 am
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Now that I know for sure that our flights will all be landing in T3, I would like to confirm that the following are still true for *A Gold access:

1. In T3, the two options, namely, KrisGold and SATS Lounges, still exist and the latter has a shower?

2 How do I distinguish them? Does it actually have a sign that said "SATS Lounge"?

3. We are transiting and arrive after midnight. If we could not pre-print our boarding pass from NRT, would either *A Gold lounge allows access with a print itinerary?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I was surprised to see that you didn't follow up off your earlier thread...

1. Yes, they both exist (unless they closed in the last three weeks). They're one floor up from the gate level/passport control. If you go up the escalator closest to where ground side passengers exit passport control and enter air side, you'll walk past the SATS lounge first, then it's the Kris Gold lounge both on the right. SATS has shower stalls, Kris Gold does not.

2. As answered by the other poster, yes. You can't miss it.

3. Using the itinerary, hard to say although I think not likely; you might have better luck with the receipt as that at least has the ticket number; if UA issued ticket, number starts with 016. (BTW important point to clarify: SATS is NOT a *A lounge. They are a contract lounge that UA uses for all their passengers that qualify; UA doesn't send their passengers to Kris Gold although most can enter anyway based on *A gold status.) Both lounges check customers in by scanning the barcode printed on the boarding pass. Kris Gold may want to see the UA MP card showing *G status. SATS normally expects passengers entering to present a lounge invite issued at check in, but I presume as long as boarding pass permits this isn't a major issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.