Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:42 am

I don't understand lounge access

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
If I have gold status on UA, but am flying economy on Singapore Air, can I enter any of the lounges other than the ones you pay for? The Star Alliance web site doesn't make any sense to me. I think it says that if it is a contract lounge then unless I'm flying business class then I can't go in. Is this correct?

I'm flying into SIN.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by lax2010
The *A lounge finder found only the TG lounge in Terminal 1 for *A Gold member flying Y on the Singapore Airline; yet other posts above mentioned that the SATS Lounges or the KrysFlyer Lounges are also good for *A Gold members.

Are all of the above true? Are they all open 24-hour? Which one has a shower? Thanks!
Originally Posted by TheHawk2002
If I have gold status on UA, but am flying economy on Singapore Air, can I enter any of the lounges other than the ones you pay for? The Star Alliance web site doesn't make any sense to me. I think it says that if it is a contract lounge then unless I'm flying business class then I can't go in. Is this correct?

I'm flying into SIN.
As I understand it....

SQ has two 'Silver Kris' lounges - one in T2 and one in T3. You get access if you're flying in J on a Star Alliance carrier (we got in there on Lufthansa). Only the T3 one is classified as a star alliance lounge, so if you're *G you can use that one (all terminals are linked airside at Singapore). They also accommodate Star Alliance Gold pax in the SATS lounge in terminal 2.

What's more, SQ have another provision for their own elites flying in Economy on SQ - the Krisflyer Gold lounge.

Then you also have the Thai lounge in T1 which appears to be a Star Alliance lounge.

However if you're arriving into SIN then I wouldn't count on getting access.

That said, you'll be very comfortable at Changi without a lounge.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:39 pm

Yes that's my take on all this. There are lots of lounges most of which I can't go in because I'm flying economy but the airport will be nice enough!

I just feel I may want to shower after 24 hours of flight before heading to my next flight!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
As I understand it....

SQ has two 'Silver Kris' lounges - one in T2 and one in T3. You get access if you're flying in J on a Star Alliance carrier (we got in there on Lufthansa). Only the T3 one is classified as a star alliance lounge, so if you're *G you can use that one (all terminals are linked airside at Singapore). They also accommodate Star Alliance Gold pax in the SATS lounge in terminal 2.

What's more, SQ have another provision for their own elites flying in Economy on SQ - the Krisflyer Gold lounge.

Then you also have the Thai lounge in T1 which appears to be a Star Alliance lounge.

However if you're arriving into SIN then I wouldn't count on getting access.

That said, you'll be very comfortable at Changi without a lounge.
Now I am more confused, LOL! Did you mean to say that the *A Gold flying Y can access the SILVER KRIS lounge in T3? (I thought it is only for C/J and F)
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:02 pm

*G in Y cannot access any of the SKL's IIRC, only the KrisFlyer Gold lounge... in T3 that's where you go up the escalators of the SKL and turn right, follow the corridor and it should be on the left.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:31 pm

According to the lounge finder, I would have to be Gold on KrisFlyer, which I am not. Gold with UA. Gets me no where that has a shower for free.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
According to the lounge finder, I would have to be Gold on KrisFlyer, which I am not. Gold with UA. Gets me no where that has a shower for free.
With UA Gold you can get into SATS lounge in T3 which has shower.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:46 pm

According to the lounge finder, my only option is Thai lounge in Terminal 1. I would prefer to be closer to my departure gate.
What can anyone tell me about the advantages of having Priority Pass? If I have to pay to get in with membership, how is that different than what I get when I pay to get in? Does it give me access to better lounges?
I don't get it.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Priority Pass: 27USD or free to go into the lounge, depending on membership level

Without Priority Pass: 35USD?? (if they allow you to get in at all) I have no idea

Priority Pass can get in Skyview, which does not have pay-in option and is better than the pay-in ones.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:58 pm

How do I prove that I am a Gold UA member?

Do I get passes from United or something? Sorry. I am just absolutely clueless about this!
I'm assuming that most of these lounges will look like the United lounges, which usually have a shower.
There is a Kris Flyer Gold at T2 and T3. Do they have showers?
There is the SATS option but I would prefer to shower closer to T2.
However, what do I know? T2 may be a stone's throw from T3!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:06 am

Do I get passes from United or something? Sorry. I am just absolutely clueless about this!
No need for a pass, you just need *G card and your ticket.

I'm assuming that most of these lounges will look like the United lounges, which usually have a shower.
Rule #1 - don't assume anything, especially when you are travelling outside of US. Key for happiness - low expectations.

There is a Kris Flyer Gold at T2 and T3. Do they have showers?
There is the SATS option but I would prefer to shower closer to T2.
No idea about T2, I've been in T3.

However, what do I know? T2 may be a stone's throw from T3!
T2 and T3 are in the opposite sides of the the complex, T3 is newer, bigger, has much more things to see and enjoy comparing to other terminals. They are connected via bridge and it takes 10 min slow walk to get from one side to another (via groundside). Airtrain runs both at ariside and groundside - you can get from one terminal to another without going thru customs and immigration, but as I said, interesting things are on other side too.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:53 am

Low expectations!

Originally Posted by invisible
Rule #1 - don't assume anything, especially when you are travelling outside of US. Key for happiness - low expectations.
IAH United lounge -- yep that is pretty low expectations! But I guess they are quiet with drinks and showers.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
T3 is newer
^

bigger,
^

has much more things to see
Not so sure about this one...
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
^

^

Not so sure about this one...
One word - slide.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:08 pm

IAH United lounge -- yep that is pretty low expectations! But I guess they are quiet with drinks and showers.
If you want to know how a reight lounge supposed to look - go to the TK's lounge in IST.

However some people after that experience might have a serious withdrawal effects afterwards...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.