Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 15, 12, 5:26 am   #1

Programs: Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold
Any Hotels Near Airport other than Crowne Plaza?

Are there any other hotels at Changi, whereby one can walk from the hotel to the airport?

Are there any hotels near Changi which offer free shuttle service to/from the airport?

We will be arriving on SQ from HKG a few minutes before midnight, and leaving the next morning around 8 AM on SQ to ICN. So, what would be our best options?
FlyerGoldII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 12, 7:07 am   #2

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond

Stay in the airport transit hotel. Very nice rooms right in the airport. You can go out and retrieve your bag the next morning. Go to Tripadvisor and read details. Or Google it. They are very helpful at the hotel and will answer any questions you have.
Old Sep 15, 12, 7:24 am   #3
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With an overnight SQ to SQ connection, you should be able easily to check your bag through. Use the transit hotel (there's one in each terminal at SIN) and stay airside, enjoying and exploring the airport if you have any extra time.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 12, 12:25 pm   #4

We have a contrarian view. Although I agree with the arguments in the 2 prior posts, we prefer the luxury of a outside hotel (even though we are going there just to sleep). There are 3 of us - myself, my wife, and our 16 yr old daughter. So, if we wanted to an outside (the airport terminal) hotel, what are the most cost-effective options, that will not take too much time travelling between Changi, and a nearby hotel?
Old Sep 15, 12, 6:59 pm   #5

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, Hertz Platinum, Marriott/SPG Gold
The more pertinent question is why aren't you flying HKG-ICN (3:30 flight time) rather than 3000+ miles in the wrong direction and the same again back?
And why are you posing the same question by starting a new thread that you already asked at the end of this thread 6:00 AM flight - stay at Crowne Plaza Changi or remain in town?

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 15, 12 at 8:00 pm. Reason: added second thread question
UAPremExecflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 12, 8:24 pm   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer View Post
The more pertinent question is why aren't you flying HKG-ICN (3:30 flight time) rather than 3000+ miles in the wrong direction and the same again back?
And why are you posing the same question by starting a new thread that you already asked at the end of this thread 6:00 AM flight - stay at Crowne Plaza Changi or remain in town?
to answer the first question, we are using Aeroplan award points - and it did allow us to go that way. We wanted to use SQ - even with a trek backwards, rather than a Asiana flight between HKG and ICN. We wanted to access the home base business class Silver Kris lounge (I have been to that lounge twice in the last 10 years).

I am posing a similar, but not an identical, question on the other thread.

This question on this thread is - are there any hotels considered to be airport hotels (outside the airside part of the airport) outside of the Crowne Plaza hotel (I do not believe this question has been explicitely answered to in that thread). The question on that thread is whether one can easily go (with the limited time) to a downtown hotel (over an airport hotel), taking account the timelines and transportation issues of our flights.
Old Sep 15, 12, 11:27 pm   #7

Programs: BA/TK/FB Gold, 9W Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Shangrila Jade, HH Gold, Avis CHM, Hertz PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
We have a contrarian view. Although I agree with the arguments in the 2 prior posts, we prefer the luxury of a outside hotel (even though we are going there just to sleep). There are 3 of us - myself, my wife, and our 16 yr old daughter. So, if we wanted to an outside (the airport terminal) hotel, what are the most cost-effective options, that will not take too much time travelling between Changi, and a nearby hotel?
For what is effectively going to be a 6-hour hotel stay in the middle of the night, what is your expectation of "luxury" in an outside hotel that you won't get in the transit hotel?
Savage25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 3:19 am   #8

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond

I thought the transit hotel room was very nice. When I did my research I found another hotel besides the Crowne Plaza. It was in a nearby town. Can't remember the name but if you google Singapore airport hotel you will find it. By the time you get there and back to the airport you won't have much time...
Old Oct 9, 12, 9:08 am   #9

Not trying to resurrect a dead thread, but there is a relatively new option near Changi Airport - Capri Hotel Residences.
Check out the website for more details

YOUR SPACE IN SINGAPORE

With 313 spacious studios with kitchenettes, and the smartest facilities designed around your lifestyle, Capri by Fraser in Singapore is ideally located just moments from Expo and 5-minutes from Changi Airport.

SPACES AND FACILITIES

313 studios, all with kitchenettes
Fully-equipped gym overlooking the pool
Steam Room & Sauna
Spa Suite with ofuro-style private baths and TVs
Boardroom with touchscreen capabilities / Meeting Room (up to 40 pax)
Deli in the lobby space for fresh meals, lunch boxes and TV dinners
Poolside Bar
Laundrettes equipped with Xbox Kinect, Wii etc on every floor
Large undercover car park *charges apply
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote