Singapore Hotel 4 or 5 star for under $130/night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)

Looking to go to Singapore in a few weeks and wanted to see if anyone has suggestions for hotels and websites to book discounted rooms in a 4 or 5 star hotel for June 9-12

I have tried Priceline but cannot seem to book something for under $115 right now

Or if you know of a nice place to stay that doesn't exceed around $125 that'd be great.

i'm early 30s, mostly into sightseeing, shopping, eating, outdoors stuff so hotel isn't necessarily super important as i'll be really only sleeping there but would like it to be a good location to MRT, etc...

thanks!
Old May 24, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
At that price it's a bit difficult, seems like your best bets are the Porcelain Hotel and Fort Canning Lodge to get something decent in a very good location.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ckidder331
Looking to go to Singapore in a few weeks and wanted to see if anyone has suggestions for hotels and websites to book discounted rooms in a 4 or 5 star hotel for June 9-12

I have tried Priceline but cannot seem to book something for under $115 right now

Or if you know of a nice place to stay that doesn't exceed around $125 that'd be great.

i'm early 30s, mostly into sightseeing, shopping, eating, outdoors stuff so hotel isn't necessarily super important as i'll be really only sleeping there but would like it to be a good location to MRT, etc...

thanks!
I too have been researching prices. For what your looking at it would seem a 3 star hotel at best for that price. I'm sure you can locate one with a decent location.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
If you are able to burn points as well, the Hilton, Conrad, Sheraton and St Regis are all in that ballpark (plus the points). That's what I've done for the past few nights (Hilton->Conrad->Sheraton) - the first two cost S$90+points, the Sheraton US$90.

Even the Ibis costs more than this these days
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:47 pm

Sometimes these guys have deals
http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore.html

watch out for the details and the ++ addons.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Five star won't happen and for four star, you would have to be extremely lucky and maybe compromise on the location.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:41 pm

I got the Grand Mercure Roxy (4*, East Coast Zone) for June 26/27 on Priceline last week for $107 + tax and fees (total was $134). It's not on Orchard Road, but is does get very good reviews and has a free airport shuttle.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dogcanyon
I got the Grand Mercure Roxy (4*, East Coast Zone) for June 26/27 on Priceline last week for $107 + tax and fees (total was $134). It's not on Orchard Road, but is does get very good reviews and has a free airport shuttle.
It's not a bad hotel at all, and I have stayed there quite a few times (and probably will again now I'm boycotting the Novotel, a hotel I previously had nice things to say about...). However it is fairly isolated (15 minutes express bus to Suntec), the rooms are somewhat tired, and they don't give you water.

If you can look past its location in particular (or want somewhere between the city and the airport), it's decent enough.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by typical
It's not a bad hotel at all, and I have stayed there quite a few times (and probably will again now I'm boycotting the Novotel, a hotel I previously had nice things to say about...). However it is fairly isolated (15 minutes express bus to Suntec), the rooms are somewhat tired, and they don't give you water.

If you can look past its location in particular (or want somewhere between the city and the airport), it's decent enough.
We will just be in SIN for 24 hours, have already seen all the main sights, not interested in Orchard Road shopping and the only thing on our "to do" list is the Night Safari at the zoo, so for the price the location is fine for us. However, I do miss the "good ole days" when you could reliably get the Marriott on Orchard Road on Priceline for US$70 a night. I got real "sticker shock" when reseraching SIN hotels for this trip: It's downright depressing to see rates of over US$200 per night for the Ibis.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will just be in SIN for 24 hours, have already seen all the main sights, not interested in Orchard Road shopping and the only thing on our "to do" list is the Night Safari at the zoo, so for the price the location is fine for us. However, I do miss the "good ole days" when you could reliably get the Marriott on Orchard Road on Priceline for US$70 a night. I got real "sticker shock" when reseraching SIN hotels for this trip: It's downright depressing to see rates of over US$200 per night for the Ibis.
I'd definitely rate it as one of the better value hotels in Singapore (you can often get it on the accor website for a little more than you secured through Priceline).

Looking forward for the new Sofitel, W and especially Westin opening in the coming years.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:02 pm

Its a pretty good location by the way. There is a large mall just opposite and an extensive selection of restaurants in the surrounding from hawker centre to up-scale restaurants (especially along East Cost Rd, the famous "Katong Laksa" can be found there). The East Coast Park is in walking distance (some rooms in the Roxy offering seaview) and there are a few beachfacing restaurants at the Bigsplash in that park (about 15mins to walk from the Hotel). Vicinity to the airport is another advantage (approx. 15 SGD one-way by cab if you dont want to take the shuttle).

Looking forward for the new Sofitel, W and especially Westin opening in the coming years.
The Westin and the Sofitel will mainly cater to business people as the location in the CBD is also a bit out of the way if you are for the highlights. And like in any CBD in the world there is almost no life after 8pm.

Last edited by SQ325; Jun 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:14 pm

Thanks, typical and SQ325. I'm actually looking forward to the stay at Roxy now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.