Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

5 ½ hour layover in SIN, can I make it to Forum Galleria and back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold

I have a 5 ½ hour layover in SIN in August on a Saturday (Flight TG 413, arrives 2:30 pm and Flight SG 502, departs 8:05 pm), is this enough time to exit the airport and go to the Hard Rock Café and then make it back to the airport in time for my departure. I’ll already be checked into the Flight 502 with boarding passes in hand. What’s the quickest ways to get Forum Galleria from the airport, and costs, should I hire a car before hand to be there waiting? Any heads up I should be warned about that could throw a wrench into my plans? Of course there is a Hard Rock Café inside the airport, does anyone know if the location name on the glasses differ to what the one in the city has? i.e. Singapore and Singapore Airport? Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:02 pm

Provided your flight is in time, it should be possible. With a landing at 2.30pm you should be able to be in the HardRock Cafe by 4pm latest. You should leave latest by 6pm to be at the airport at 7pm. Simply take a cab from/to airport, its easiest mode of Transport within Singapore (Cost should be around 25SGD one-way).

Traffic could be a concern, as on Saturdays Orchard Road can be quite busy with traffic jams all along Orchard Rd. Availabilty of cabs in the city might be also a concern, if you are unable to flag one at the HRC just let somebody call you one.

I believe that the merchandise sold at the airport is the same as at the city outlet (at least I have never seen Singapore-Airport labeled T-Shirt).
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:01 am

How about spending your few hours in Singapore doing something interesting, and visiting the Hard Rock Cafe right in Terminal 3 instead?

http://www.hardrock.com/Locations/ca...22&MIBenumID=3
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HI Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SQ325
Traffic could be a concern, as on Saturdays Orchard Road can be quite busy with traffic jams all along Orchard Rd. Availabilty of cabs in the city might be also a concern, if you are unable to flag one at the HRC just let somebody call you one.
I was at Hardrock on a Sat night and it took over an hour for one taxi to show up at the stand outside Hardrock-we had ppl in front of us. We went to the Hilton taxi stand down the street, and waited another 45 mins and still no taxi. We did get a cab after calling. It wasn't too bad once we got through. If you go to the Hardrock, definitely call a taxi.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Tazzberry
I was at Hardrock on a Sat night and it took over an hour for one taxi to show up at the stand outside Hardrock-we had ppl in front of us. We went to the Hilton taxi stand down the street, and waited another 45 mins and still no taxi. We did get a cab after calling. It wasn't too bad once we got through. If you go to the Hardrock, definitely call a taxi.
Before midnight "strangly" all cabs seem to disappear, only to show up after midnight.

During the day is not that bad. But if you are tight on schedule, book a cab on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.