Transit Layover and baggage

Subscribe
Hi guys, quick question.

I'm flying SQ PEK-SIN-BNE, arriving at 6:30am in Singapore and departing 21:15pm the same day. It is a super deal fare though, the lowest economy fare possible. I was wondering whether there are any restrictions on leaving the airport to wander around Singapore during the day on such a ticket? If its <24hrs, does it still count as a stopover? (Visa is fine, Canadian citizen)

If I am allowed to leave, what would be the way to do it? Can I still check my luggage through to BNE (all legs on SQ), and do I just go through to arrivals and customs straight after landing at SIN instead of going to the transit hall?
As long as you can enter Singapore via customs without problem - there should be no issue with leaving the airport and explore the city.
I think the Singapore government encourages you to get on the subway/metro and spend some money.

The airline should allow you to check your bags through the destination.
You can enter Singapore without any problem. Just head towards the arrival hall after disembarking. Fill out an arrival card (will be distributed onboard), head to immigration and you are landside in no time. Thats not considered a stopover, just a long layover.
In PEK you should ensure that your luggage is checked through. If not you gat to collect it in SIN, but you would be able to check it in at the early check-in counter in SIN.
You can take the MRT or Cab to town. Cab would be easier, its efficient and cheap, you dont need to worry to get ripped off.
I would go to the Esplanade to get a first impression and see the skyline at MarinaBay. Later you can have a stroll on Orchard Road to see the glittering malls. After there would be time to head to Chinatown look around and eat diner there before you return to the airport.
SQ will check the bags right through, I've even done it with overnight stops in SIN.

I've done SIN transit stops many times, and immigration has never had a problem with it at all. On the arrival card, where it asks for an address in Singapore, just write TRANSIT.

Actually, I'll be doing a 6:00-23:55 transit stop there this Sunday.

I always take the metro or bus into town (depending where I'm going). Its cheap.
That's great news! Thanks alot guys

Grateful for the recommendations too. Coming from PEK though, I think I might skip Chinatown The Marina Bay Sands was definitely on my list though, and hoping to check out either Orchard Road or Sentosa too.