Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Marina Bay Sands - any way to get into pool area? help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:11 am
Original Poster

I am in Singapore today and tomorrow and really want to get to the pool area since it is an infiniti pool overlooking the bay. I don't mind paying, but it is only open for hotel guests.

Does anyone know any workarounds or tips to try and get access to the roof? The Skypark isn't the pool area and I really want to see it while in Singapore!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:28 am

Do you just want to see it or actually bath in the pool?

If you just want to see it, you actually can access the area behind the pool via the Skydeck. There is a small fence in between the public area and the guest area, but you still can take nice pictures.

Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:08 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in the Singapore forum.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The pool area is diligently access controlled, you must be a hotel guest (show a hotel key card) to get to the pool area during the day. At night there are some nightclubs/restaurants up there bordering the pool, e.g. Ku De Ta, which would be a better way to see the pool (this is after 8 pm or thereabouts, public access but with a hefty cover charge!). Really worth being a hotel guest, just not cheap.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:58 am

Question about infinity pool/sky park @ Marina Bay Sands in Singapore

So I'm going to Singapore the end of April and one of the things that my Wife and I wanted to do is to be able to swim in the Infinity pool of MB Sands' Sky Park. I assumed that I can buy tickets to get in there so I didn't bother to book a room at MB Sands. Their rooms are so expensive and costs 4x more than an average room in China Town.

Well today I realized that only "hotel's guests" will have access to the pool. Other people can buy tickets to go to the observation deck or something like that, which is kindda suck.

My question is, is there any other way to get into that pool or I have to book a room? Also does anyone here have Comps to book me a room there? Maybe we can work something out.

Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If being gawked at by all the tourist on the observation deck is your cup of tea then go for it.
It is a great pool but I would rate it as the most public infinity pool in the world

Since this is MBS in SIN can the moderator move this accordingly?

Last edited by tentseller; Mar 16, 2012 at 11:16 am
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tentseller
If being gawked at by all the tourist on the observation deck is your cup of tea then go for it.
It is a great pool but I would rate it as the most public infinity pool in the world

Since this is MBS in SIN can the moderator move this accordingly?
Agree with what you've written. Found the pool to be pretty packed on a Sunday morning.. Not exactly a serene pool side ambience you'd get there.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Rockaren
So I'm going to Singapore the end of April and one of the things that my Wife and I wanted to do is to be able to swim in the Infinity pool of MB Sands' Sky Park. I assumed that I can buy tickets to get in there so I didn't bother to book a room at MB Sands. Their rooms are so expensive and costs 4x more than an average room in China Town.

Well today I realized that only "hotel's guests" will have access to the pool. Other people can buy tickets to go to the observation deck or something like that, which is kindda suck.

My question is, is there any other way to get into that pool or I have to book a room? Also does anyone here have Comps to book me a room there? Maybe we can work something out.

Thanks.
Not a chance of using the pool unless you are a hotel guest.

Just book a room for 1 night. It's expensive, but I guarantee it's worth it. Last check was Ł225 for a night in April/May.

If swimming in the pool is a highlight of your trip, then you must pay the going rate for a room. No other way, sorry.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
Not a chance of using the pool unless you are a hotel guest.

Just book a room for 1 night. It's expensive, but I guarantee it's worth it. Last check was Ł225 for a night in April/May.

If swimming in the pool is a highlight of your trip, then you must pay the going rate for a room. No other way, sorry.
Ł178 for one night on 06MAY, early bird bookings are still available via the hotel's website
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
(this is after 8 pm or thereabouts, public access but with a hefty cover charge!). Really worth being a hotel guest, just not cheap.
how much is the cover charge, hotel guest or not?
Old May 14, 2012, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by jaesun
how much is the cover charge, hotel guest or not?
Somewhere between S$30-40, but that will include a drink. Most places like this charge at least S$20-25 for a drink too, so it's not a terrible cover charge.

Personally, go to 1Altitude at Raffles Place instead. Nicer view and (slightly) better crowd.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Sorry to bump this old thread, does anyone know how if it is possible to pre-book tickets to the SkyPark/observation deck?

I have a layover in SIN and would like to check out the Marina Bay Sands, which was under construction last time I went to SIN. I don't have a ton of time so if at all possible I'd rather not wait in line.

The hotel's web site sells tickets but there is no mention of time and e-ticket delivery doesn't show up in the options despite what the help text says.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:10 am

There shouldn't be any line to speak of, just march up and buy your tickets on the spot.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:36 pm

Smile Secret loophole

Hi I know this is a little late but I think it could help other tourist who would like to go up there :

Behind the MBS infinity pool there is a Clubhouse that opens in the day for the premium suite guest to lounge and have Hightea.

However in the evening it turns into a Cheese & Chocolate buffet places, which is open to anyone who goes for the buffet. When you make a reservation, it allows you to go to the pool area! So secretly pack your swim stuff and go up there a little earlier and take a dip in the pool.
http://www.marinabaysands.com/restau...olate-bar.html

A dip in the pool and chocolate and cheese after!!

Theres toilets for you to change into your gear but make sure you're discreet or act like a hotel guest!! Good luck!!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by number_6
The pool area is diligently access controlled, you must be a hotel guest (show a hotel key card) to get to the pool area during the day. At night there are some nightclubs/restaurants up there bordering the pool, e.g. Ku De Ta, which would be a better way to see the pool (this is after 8 pm or thereabouts, public access but with a hefty cover charge!). Really worth being a hotel guest, just not cheap.
Could you show an old hotel key card from someone's previous trip?

I'm about to go to MBS. There might be a purpose for keeping the room key cards after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.