Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Ongoing Singapore Meet A Flyertalker Thread?

Ongoing Singapore Meet A Flyertalker Thread?

Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Delta SkyMiles, Avianca LifeMiles
I'm an exchange student recently arrived here studying until mid-May or so. I'm also open for meet-ups and the like!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Hello to my SIN friends. I'll be around this weekend and through next week if anyone wants to grab a drink and talk travel.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:47 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Sorry I missed this. Would have been good to catch up. Unless you are still here?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Will be in SIN in late March if anyone would like to meet up. My first visit.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Boraxo
What kind of food do you prefer and how much time and what part of the day have you got?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I expect I will be around. Ping me when you get there.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:45 pm

I'm more a lurker then a poster, but have learned lots of info over the years from FT. Will be in SIN 3/24-28 for a conference and open to meeting other members. Will have the 25th completely free and then free every evening.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Guys (and gals) - as an expat living in Singapore for >3 years I'd be happy to meet you and if you would like - take one of local hawker centers where you can enjoy local food.

However I hate any noisy place where it is impossible to have meaningful conversation and I have to shout. Plus I do not drink alcohol. So any bars are out of question, but I do not mind you prefer hotel lounge. And I actually would love to go to the one which is at the top of Pan Pacific at Marina Bay.

Last edited by invisible; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:32 pm
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: DL
October 19-24

Haven't been to Singapore in a long time, but I recall it as one of my favorites. Open for some of the time I am there in October.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Passing Through the week after next, have time on my hands after some meetings. Is the sands "ship" hotel and bar worth visiting. Looks cool from afar, If there are other Ft'rs around suggestions are welcome for places to see.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by yul36
Passing Through the week after next, have time on my hands after some meetings. Is the sands "ship" hotel and bar worth visiting. Looks cool from afar, If there are other Ft'rs around suggestions are welcome for places to see.
If the weather is good, then the view from the MBS top deck certainly makes up for their heavily overpriced drinks. I'd limit it to one, though, the view doesn't get better
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yul36
Nah, not really, unless you want a view of all the hookers.

The view from 1 Altitude is much better. Go there before sundown when it isn't crowded and you'll get to see the city turn from day to night. 30 bucks for your first drink. Keep the two receipts they give you at the door. They'll take one for the first drink and if you chat up the marketing girls who walk around the bar, they'll take the second receipt and give you a second drink.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:39 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I'm in town for a night next week if anyone wants to get together. If you're really nice, I can try and sneak you into the Valley Wing at the Shangri-La for champagne...
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: (`'•.Hyatt Globalist * AA Gold * Delta Silver * Marriott Platinum * Hilton Gold.•')
Will be in SIN 05 Sep - 10 Sep. Lemme know if anyone is there during that time and interested in talking aviation geek talk.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Will be in SIN next week : 07AUG until 17AUG 2017.

Any Flyertalkers around?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.