Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines Cargo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines Cargo

Hi there,

Because of the ridiculous low check in luggage allowed from Singapore Airport (20kg) on my return flight. Just wondering whether anyone has used this?
How quick does it take to arrive in my house in Australia?
Cost?

By my estimates I don't think I would need to cargo more than another 20kg on top of my 20kg allowed.

But what else options are there?

Thanks for help
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
A quick google has thrown back baggage services costing in the A$250-A$400 range. Takes 5-7 days.

Fedex quote S$200

Be very careful to check that everything is included so you're not going to get stuck for additional taxes or duties on arrival.

Also, I suspect 20kgs is a bad amount to take as lots of the handling costs will be fixed whether you're shipping 2kgs or 200kgs.

If you haven't booked already, might be worth shopping around to see if you can get a better deal with a carrier you might not have considered initially. Might even be cheaper to fly from Johor.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:58 am
Original Poster

I will be at Singapore Airport the whole time (I have a delay of abt 10hrs from 8pm onwards)

Does FedEx have any office inside Changi or any other service if worse comes to worse I will have to do this.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Am sure the FedEx Singapore website will answer that for you.

As I understand it there's also a bag forwarding service in the terminal, but the laws of a market economy suggest to me that this will be at a premium to what you can get elsewhere (although cheaper than paying excess).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.