Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Changi Airport - When to squeeze in tour of airport?

Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US

I got a trip that will take me to Changi airport three times.

- Arrival from NYC at around 5am. Then staying in Singapore for a couple of days.
- Departing SIN to BKK. Likely flight departure flight somewhere between 9am and 12:50pm. Flight yet to be book.
- Transit on the way back to NYC (EWR), 3 hr layover at night, arriving 8pm+ departing 11pm+. (Should have book one with 6 hr layover)

I would like to tour the "Jewel" and whatever attractions in the airport. When will be the best time for me, wife and 2 kids to tour the airport?
Thank you.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
The only reasonable time would be before your departure to BKK. At 5AM nothing is open to see in Jewel. Arriving at 8PM+ with wife and two kids who might be already tired does not have much value, plus most of attractions might be already closed. Remember that Jewel is on airside, so you have to go airside and come back.

Book your flight to BKK close to noon, in this case you can arrive at the airport close around 9AM - you can drop off your luggage at checkin, then go an tour Jewel and other terminals landside. On your way back to NYC you can tour terminals airside.
opus2002 likes this.

Last edited by invisible; Nov 20, 2023 at 12:36 am
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by invisible
Remember that Jewel is on airside, so you have to go airside and come back.
That is incorrect. Jewel is landside.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Correct. I mixed words.
opus2002 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.