Reload this Page >

Need Advice on SIN Lounge for *Gold

Need Advice on SIN Lounge for *Gold

Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus, *A
Smile Need Advice on SIN Lounge for *Gold

Dear SIN experts,

I will have an 8 hours stopover @ SIN in Nov: arriving 11:30pm on LH and departing next day 6:30am on UA (Y cabin).

Which lounge would you recommend for me? I expect these amenities are available:
hot food, drinks (at least tea), shower, 2-3 hours nap.

From other threads I read many people suggest transit hotels in airport. This will be my option after lounge.

Thanks in advance! ^
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Just to be clear, I assume you have *A gold status in OnePass (per your heading)?

As info, the SATS lounge (SATS Premier lounge) that UA uses in SIN has showers, hot food, drinks (regular and booze), a fair selection of reading material. There's also four massage chairs in the far back, and two online terminals (there's wifi if you want to use your own notebook). I don't think the SATS lounge is open all night but should be open when the UA check in counter opens for the HKG and NRT flights in the morning (check in counter definitely open by 5:30 AM). Unfortunately UA customers do not have access to the SQ SilverKris lounge.

There are other lounges but you would need some sort of status to access them - I'll leave that to other posters to respond to, also the question of whether or not any of the lounges are open all night.

Last edited by dsgtc0408; Jun 22, 2010 at 10:58 pm
Old Jun 24, 2010, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Just to be clear, I assume you have *A gold status in OnePass (per your heading)?

As info, the SATS lounge (SATS Premier lounge) that UA uses in SIN has showers, hot food, drinks (regular and booze), a fair selection of reading material. There's also four massage chairs in the far back, and two online terminals (there's wifi if you want to use your own notebook). I don't think the SATS lounge is open all night but should be open when the UA check in counter opens for the HKG and NRT flights in the morning (check in counter definitely open by 5:30 AM). Unfortunately UA customers do not have access to the SQ SilverKris lounge.

There are other lounges but you would need some sort of status to access them - I'll leave that to other posters to respond to, also the question of whether or not any of the lounges are open all night.
Thanks! ^
SATS Premier sounds not bad, except for opening hour.

And yes, I am *A Gold in OnePass.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver

Sounds far better than SQ Gold Flyer lounge in T3, which is available to *G members traveling on SQ flights. Restroom and shower are missing there. SATS in T2, which is the other lounge that is available to *G members traveling on SQ flights, is just nasty in terms of restroom and shower.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:57 am

I'd go for the Transit hotel.. (again)
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
UA flies from Terminal 3, so by default I'd assume they would use the SQ KrisFlyer Gold lounge - which as mentioned by N227UA does not have restrooms or showers, but you can usually get a seat easily and it often has reasonable food. The SATS Lounge in T2 does have restrooms and showers, but it's almost always crowded whenever I'm there (prior to flights to HAN & DEL) and the food has little variation.

Both close overnight, although the SATS lounge does tend to stay open later than it says (it officially closes at 1am IIRC, but I've been in there til just on 2am).

I'd echo trooper and go for the transit hotel if you want decent rest.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajnz
UA flies from Terminal 3, so by default I'd assume they would use the SQ KrisFlyer Gold lounge - which as mentioned by N227UA does not have restrooms or showers, but you can usually get a seat easily and it often has reasonable food. The SATS Lounge in T2 does have restrooms and showers, but it's almost always crowded whenever I'm there (prior to flights to HAN & DEL) and the food has little variation.

Both close overnight, although the SATS lounge does tend to stay open later than it says (it officially closes at 1am IIRC, but I've been in there til just on 2am).

I'd echo trooper and go for the transit hotel if you want decent rest.
Thanks, ajnz!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Singapore determines lounge admission by the departing flight, so your LH arrival doesn't matter. You might not be able to get your UA boarding pass until check in opens several hours before the flight, which could impact your lounge use upon arrival.

However, there are a bunch of Priority Pass and pay-per-use contract lounges that are open all night. Some include restrooms, showers, hot food, and alcohol; all would have at least some cold snacks and tea. Be careful, however, as some lounges have maximum stay rules, but I'm not sure how this is enforced, and some charge extra a la carte fees for items such as alcohol, showers, and internet usage.

If you decide to use one of the transit hotels, make your reservation early.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
You might also want to check out this reasonably fresh thread.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Singapore determines lounge admission by the departing flight, so your LH arrival doesn't matter. You might not be able to get your UA boarding pass until check in opens several hours before the flight, which could impact your lounge use upon arrival.
While getting a UA BP is nigh impossible until 4:15AM there is another way to access the lounge.

Check in online and either print your confirmation or just save it as a screen shot. Showing this at the lounge entrance has worked for me on several occasions.

In T3 the SKL and KrisGold lounges are open all night, though as *G flying in Y the KrisGold lounge is the only one you'd have access to. While they will give you blanket/pillow there are no beds per se.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
...Both close overnight...
The Krisflyer Gold lounge in T3 is open 24 hours. I was there last night at 1 am and confirmed this specifically with the desk agent, who also apologized for the slim selection of food at that hour but urged me to return for breakfast.

That said, it still has no showers, only semi-comfortable armchairs to stretch out in, and a fairly high light level throughout. A six-hour block at the transit hotel is about S$70, or a bit over US$50. I'd go that route. Last night the T3 transit hotel had walk-up availability.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
If considering a hotel then the Crowne Plaza is easily accessible and a comfortable hotel. i stayed many nights there as my office was nearby and it was great for early morning flights. Although the hotel has many eating options the hotel terminal offered many more places to eat. i particualrly enjoyed Earl Swenson and the Indian options in the food court.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by jahason
If considering a hotel then the Crowne Plaza is easily accessible and a comfortable hotel. i stayed many nights there as my office was nearby and it was great for early morning flights. Although the hotel has many eating options the hotel terminal offered many more places to eat. i particualrly enjoyed Earl Swenson and the Indian options in the food court.
+1 on the Crowne Plaza. Great hotel ^
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by Efrem
The Krisflyer Gold lounge in T3 is open 24 hours. I was there last night at 1 am and confirmed this specifically with the desk agent, who also apologized for the slim selection of food at that hour but urged me to return for breakfast.
Thanks! In the past it hadn't been 24h so that's a positive change.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Thanks! In the past it hadn't been 24h so that's a positive change.
It's been 24hours for at least 2 years now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.