SQ Lounge at Frankfurt

Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by view
I used the Senator C lounge on my last transit on SQ25, it's a very nice and new lounge with good showers. No people there at this early our, so I didn't have to wait.
Agree it's extra hassle having to clear security to go to the lounge, and a bit of a hike from the SQ gate as well. Nice to get some exercise on that long trip though.
Sounds to me like you were on SQ 26, the westbound. It uses C gates. SQ 25, the eastbound, uses B gates....near the Senator Lounge upstairs on the B 40 pier.

At 1100 to Noon -- the normal time for SQ 25 -- that place is packed.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
On the Eastbound (JFK-FRA-SIN), do you know if there is a need to clear security to make a lounge visit?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
At FRA no need. You most likely will get a gate in the high 40s of B part of the terminal. The SEN and Business lounges are very close by and up one level.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
At FRA no need. You most likely will get a gate in the high 40s of B part of the terminal. The SEN and Business lounges are very close by and up one level.
The view of a broken SQ 744 on Dec 24th from said lounge :
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Sounds to me like you were on SQ 26, the westbound. It uses C gates. SQ 25, the eastbound, uses B gates....near the Senator Lounge upstairs on the B 40 pier.

At 1100 to Noon -- the normal time for SQ 25 -- that place is packed.
Sorry, SQ26 westbound indeed. No one in the lounge at that hour in the very early morning.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:27 am

IMHO the LH lounges, except the new LH-F terminal, are appalling. But then the whole FRA airport is appaling. So I don't expect otherwise.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:11 am
KC*

Oh my... I will be travelling eastbound on SQ25 FRA-SIN in Apr on C. Is the LH biz lounge packed at that time (11am - noon)?

Not looking forward to it, then.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH FTL..BA Blue..Hilton Gold
Slightly OT. Just wondering why the FRA RCC has shut?

Now I'm not a regular in business lounges across the world but I have been in enough to know that that place SUCKED!!! I have sat in general departure lounges that were better than that place. Maybe I'm answering my own question here ?????
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by KC*
Oh my... I will be travelling eastbound on SQ25 FRA-SIN in Apr on C. Is the LH biz lounge packed at that time (11am - noon)?

Not looking forward to it, then.
Yep, absolutely packed. No free wifi either. Sink a few shandies and look forward to better things on SQ25.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by mmhk
IMHO the LH lounges, except the new LH-F terminal, are appalling. But then the whole FRA airport is appaling. So I don't expect otherwise.
The 2 FCLs are very, very nice as well. Senator and biz lounges, not so much.

Originally Posted by *ALLIANCE
Slightly OT. Just wondering why the FRA RCC has shut?

Now I'm not a regular in business lounges across the world but I have been in enough to know that that place SUCKED!!! I have sat in general departure lounges that were better than that place. Maybe I'm answering my own question here ?????
This was discussed to death on the UA board; a search will bring up the thread.
Old May 22, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: SQ, QF, MH, VA, AA, BA, AMEX, Citibank
If flying on SQ Metal in First Class (but with no status) which lounges van you access?
Old May 22, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by lovetravellingoz
If flying on SQ Metal in First Class (but with no status) which lounges van you access?
Just the LH Senator or business lounges, I'm afraid. (i.e. you don't get the really nice FCL).
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:58 am

Is it still the case that there is no arrivals lounge access for passengers travelling on SQ? I'm flying in F from SIN-FRA and arriving at 6.30 in the morning was hoping to grab a quick shower before a day of train travel to Munich.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
Is it still the case that there is no arrivals lounge access for passengers travelling on SQ? I'm flying in F from SIN-FRA and arriving at 6.30 in the morning was hoping to grab a quick shower before a day of train travel to Munich.
Still the case. FRA is in the process of rebuilding the remaining gates and corridors at T-1 so that arriving passengers are segregated from departing passengers. That's now the case in both B piers (B45 is where SQ25 and 326/325 normally park, pending completion of the rebuild at B42 and B48), and I think it's also been done on the C Pier, where SQ26 parks.

On arrival, you're now funneled directly to Immigration or Transfer Security.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Still the case. FRA is in the process of rebuilding the remaining gates and corridors at T-1 so that arriving passengers are segregated from departing passengers. That's now the case in both B piers (B45 is where SQ25 and 326/325 normally park, pending completion of the rebuild at B42 and B48), and I think it's also been done on the C Pier, where SQ26 parks.

On arrival, you're now funneled directly to Immigration or Transfer Security.
That's a shame! Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.