Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 15, 09, 12:56 pm   #1

Programs: UA Premier, Hyatt GP Diamond
Booking certain Fare Classes on SQ's website

Hi everyone,

Not sure if there's a better way to do this. I'm trying to book SFO-SGN and return SGN-HKG, with a layover in HKG for 3 days and return HKG-SFO, all on SQ's website using the "multi-city function." I can find fares, but only Q class (no mileage accruel), and I want to book at least W-class to earn UA Mileage Plus miles. I called SQ's US reservations number and asked about this and was informed that that is true: Q-class on website or W-class by phone. (I really want to book via website to "manage" my reservations, especially seat assignments and web check-in).

My alternatives:

1. Book W-class by phone, and choose seats 48 hrs before flights. (I really have to have a window seat! I love looking out the window.)

2. Book W-class by website (via regular RT flight search, and choosing Flexi-fare) and changing SGN-SIN-HKG flight after arriving in SGN. This is risky, as I'll essentially be flying stand-by in Vietnam's busy travel period. Cost: $0.00, but HKG hotel reservations may be lost if I cannot get on the SQ flights I want for that day.

3. Book W-class by website (via regular RT flight search, and choosing Flexi-fare) and changing SGN-SIN-HKG flight before leaving for Vietnam, on the website (using "manage my bookings" page). Cost: $100.00.

Has anyone done any of these options? I'm leaning towards option 3 to guarantee seat selection early and guarantee flights I want on the days I want... in W-class. Can I change the SGN-SIN-HKG flights online and pay the change fee of $100 online?

Wow... sorry for being so long-winded. Please let me know what you guys think. I always trust this forum for the best and most informative suggestions and information. Thank you very much for your responses, in advance.

Best regards!
CX747-467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 09, 5:51 pm   #2

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
i think if you just book offline and do OLCI at the 48 hour mark you wont have any problem selecting a window seat.
Aussie_flyer is offline   Reply With Quote