Software Glitches on 777-300ER IFE

Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Software Glitches on 777-300ER IFE

Hi,

Over the past couple of week sI"ve had a couple of flights on the SIA 777-300ER. A truely excellent aircraft that made the flight seem shorter.

The varierty of programsd and entertainment styles on the entertainment system are fantastic as has been previoulsy mentioned.

Has anyone else noticed the number of little problems that the system has? In my short experience on the system 25 hours, I was regularly getting:

Sound dropping out and then cutting back in.
The 2nd & 3rd times I viewed the flight path application it would first come up to the previous location from my previous view 2-3 hours earlier...confusing.
Systems were often being rebooted to solve little problems. Our section of the system had a complete reboot of 9 seats.
Backgammon got to a point where it wouldn't let me move.

These are minor programming problems...just hope someone at SIA is getting them fixed.

Any one else had similar issues?

Albi
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:50 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
On 2 recent 77W flights the whole plane's map application got stuck... but the rest of KW worked ok
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:35 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
On 2 recent 77W flights the whole plane's map application got stuck...
And the "Time to XXX" on the top right hand corner of the screen was "frozen" and the countdown clock never even tick a minute right? This happen to me once and frankly I was hoping (day dreaming of course) that flight will never end.....
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aerosmith
And the "Time to XXX" on the top right hand corner of the screen was "frozen" and the countdown clock never even tick a minute right? This happen to me once and frankly I was hoping (day dreaming of course) that flight will never end.....
Wow, they still haven't figured this out? I flew the 77W in June and July several times and it ha the same issue, along with some sitcoms and movies not working.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:36 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
My only problem was with the handset, the flight time remaining would only update when flipping channels, if you were watching a particular channel the time remaining would stay fixed.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
on CX new handset the time to go got stuck as soon as we crossed the dateline
Old Nov 8, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
It's not only the 777-300ER that is having software problems with the AVOD.

Flew SQ220 A380 flight on Nov 4 in business class. While watching a movie the screen temporarily pixulated and the sound cut out. I reported it to a flight attendant who said he would send someone to check it out.

A few minutes later a guy turns up who turns out to be from Panasonic and is travelling on the A380 sorting out AVOD bugs. He said he would go and re-boot my screen for me.

Watching my screen re-boot I was quite surprised to see it booting up LINUX. When the guy came back to check how the system was going I asked about the LINUX system and he said that they used Redhat LINUX as it was free!

The system worked quite ok after that but I couldn't help but wonder what other systems on the A380 might be LINUX based using Redhat

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.