Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-300ER Business Class - Best Seat?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 9:23 am

Not able to select row 11 for the 7wr seats on my sq11/12 3 months out. I clearly remembered it was available before I managed to ticket the award redemption
Old May 4, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by sqzulu
Not able to select row 11 for the 7wr seats on my sq11/12 3 months out. I clearly remembered it was available before I managed to ticket the award redemption
SQ11 and 12 are popular routes so most likely those seats have been taken by at least one part of the journey if you are going the full route.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:22 am

Has anyone tried 15A/15K on the 4 class 77W?

Will the cabin lights/traffic disturb your sleep?
Old May 21, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
I have not tried it personally. However from observation, the curtains are only closed after meal service is done. The toilet is in very close proximity and inevitably the lights from the galley can never be fully shut off by the curtains. Expect heavy foot traffic too, since there are no toilets at the back of the cabin.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Zilchster
For Australia, SQ 227 and SQ 237 (Melbourne) have the newer business class product. Soon to include SQ 207/208 and for the month of May SQ217/218.
Originally Posted by Mlee888
i always go for 11A/K or I sit as far back as possible, closer to premium economy cabin if 11 is not free.
Booking my parents onto SQ237 in a few months (it's a red-eye). Row11 is already taken (or blocked, not sure which). Would Row 12 be better, or should I put them all the way at the back at Row 22 for least disturbance / maximum shut-eye?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
Booking my parents onto SQ237 in a few months (it's a red-eye). Row11 is already taken (or blocked, not sure which). Would Row 12 be better, or should I put them all the way at the back at Row 22 for least disturbance / maximum shut-eye?
Row 12 is a nice seat also. I prefer to be as far back as possible if I can't get 11. Row 12 is in the mini cabin and you'll get off the plane quicker.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:22 am

I vote Row 12.

22 means you could be quite near some babies in Y, and also likely to be served last which means less shut eye..
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:14 am

Similar question as above, but for better sleep, would row 12 be better in a full mini cabin, or the bulkhead 15 in the half-full larger cabin?

I understand the mini cabin may be quieter, but row 15 is a bulkhead seat so would have significantly more leg room. However, 15 could potentially be near a bassinet and is near the galley. Also the mini-cabin is full while the main cabin is only about half full. Row 11 is already full (not just blocked, but pax assigned seats).

Row 12: smaller but full cabin, smaller awkward footwell
Row 15: large footrest and more spacious, in larger cabin but less full, also near galley and potentially infants

Thoughts?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by MahiMahi524
Similar question as above, but for better sleep, would row 12 be better in a full mini cabin, or the bulkhead 15 in the half-full larger cabin?

I understand the mini cabin may be quieter, but row 15 is a bulkhead seat so would have significantly more leg room. However, 15 could potentially be near a bassinet and is near the galley. Also the mini-cabin is full while the main cabin is only about half full. Row 11 is already full (not just blocked, but pax assigned seats).

Row 12: smaller but full cabin, smaller awkward footwell
Row 15: large footrest and more spacious, in larger cabin but less full, also near galley and potentially infants

Thoughts?
Galley is loud. I just endured a 20 hour flight with an infant on row 15. My DS was a good boy though. Cried for less than half hour throughout the whole flight.

The coughing and sneezing from another pax was worse than his crying. Received a lot of praise from other pax too.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
If you sit in row 15, make sure you have some earplugs: often the crew will offer them to you without being asked.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:09 am
Mul

Which seat is better 20A or 20K or 22A or 22K?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:49 pm

Apologies if this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know which F seat is used in SQ237's (SIN-MEL) B777-300ER? Seatmap says 8 seats, so it's definitely not the "newest F." Just wondering if it's the "next newest F" as described on SQ's website here or whether it's an even older seat.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Apologies if this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know which F seat is used in SQ237's (SIN-MEL) B777-300ER? Seatmap says 8 seats, so it's definitely not the "newest F." Just wondering if it's the "next newest F" as described on SQ's website here or whether it's an even older seat.
From my few experiences, it appears to be the "next newest F".
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:34 am

SQ has a few newer 77W frames which were delivered with an 8F cabin with the newest F. Looking at the recent history of SQ237, these aircraft have been flying this route. (SWV, SWW etc..)

However, as the seating arrangement of the whole aircraft is exactly the same as the older 77Ws with the 'next newest F' (which is already more than a decade old), SQ could sub the older frames anytime they wish.

If your flight is anytime soon, there's a higher chance it's the newest F.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by whughes3
From my few experiences, it appears to be the "next newest F".
Originally Posted by pokfur
SQ has a few newer 77W frames which were delivered with an 8F cabin with the newest F. Looking at the recent history of SQ237, these aircraft have been flying this route. (SWV, SWW etc..)

However, as the seating arrangement of the whole aircraft is exactly the same as the older 77Ws with the 'next newest F' (which is already more than a decade old), SQ could sub the older frames anytime they wish.

If your flight is anytime soon, there's a higher chance it's the newest F.
Thanks! Flight is next wednesday so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.