Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Need passport information to buy a ticket???

Need passport information to buy a ticket???

Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Maybe they already have your passport info? When I buy RTW's from UA with SQ segments, they don't ask me for my passport because UA already has my passport info and they pass it to SQ without asking me.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't think so. But they may ask to see proof of your flight leaving DPS if it on a different ticket. CX did this with me recently on a HKG-DPS flight where I was leaving with SQ. Do you have her seat assignment? If not, then call and get one and then they will likely ask you for the passport info or you can give it to them.
Yup, got a seat assignment and everything, but we did it online.

Mike
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I am a bit surprised by some of what is said in this thread. I have bought 2 SQ tickets on the web and cannot remember if I had to give passport info when booking. But I am certain I did not give passport info when buying tickets on SQ from a TA. I do remember however that if the name is not entered in the reservation system before pricing is done, things go awry. So I always make sure my TA enters the names before trying to price.
I also remember getting an award with BD miles on SQ and not giving them any passport info.
The passport info in your KrisFlyer profile is automatically taken when you make a booking with your KrisFlyer number in it.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
What's the big deal?

They will eventually require to see your passport when you check in! The passport number WILL be entered into your record. This is mandatory for virtually every international flight everywhere.

It is used to ensure you have the right documentation (visas, proof of onward travel, sufficient funds) if required. In most cases, the passport details are transmitted in advance to the arriving country for pre-matching (Advanced Passenger Information Systems).

If this information is in the record ahead of time, it will expedite your check in. This is a good thing. And if you can check in faster, so can the person behind you, and so on. Faster checkins. Shorter lines. Means you wait less. Means you can check in later than if you have long lines. Faster immigration checks.

Why would anyone see a problem with this?

You might as well say that you should not enter your NAME into the reservation because you'll give it again when you check in!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Savage25
The passport info in your KrisFlyer profile is automatically taken when you make a booking with your KrisFlyer number in it.
When going through my TA, I do not put my KF # until after ticketing and my TA does not have my passport info.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
When going through my TA, I do not put my KF # until after ticketing and my TA does not have my passport info.
So how do you get on for booking travel to places that require advance passenger info (eg US, Australia, NZ)? The airlines will chase up TA for that info.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
So how do you get on for booking travel to places that require advance passenger info (eg US, Australia, NZ)? The airlines will chase up TA for that info.
My tickets are to the US. The airline enters the data when you check in, not before. I will pay full attention when I buy my next ticket that indeed I never give any passport info and that whomever I go through does not have it.

On the other hand, I just went through a fake booking on singaporeair.com, DPS-SFO return up to the point where it asks for the passport info. I do note that it says:
Personal Information - * indicates required field
And I do not see a * next to the passport info. I was able to click on the Enter payment details button without entering it and it got me to the payment page without trouble and I stopped there.

Should I conclude all you guys have been drinking too much as of late?

PS: I cannot say about the OP's case. Maybe UA asks for it for SQ tix, but maybe they do not need to. CGK would shed a light on that. But, stimpy, next time you do not need to enter passport info on the web And once again, BD did not have my passport info when they issued an award on SQ for me.

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; Feb 1, 2007 at 9:12 am
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA, CX, BR
And I hope that accidentally mistyping my passport number results in no hassle at the airport....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.