Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
85mins enough to connect at SIN between SQ flights?

Arriving from SFO on SQ31 at 1840, departing for BLR on SQ502 at 2005. Is the 85 minutes sufficient to connect and have my bags make it on SQ502?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Arriving from SFO on SQ31 at 1840, departing for BLR on SQ502 at 2005. Is the 85 minutes sufficient to connect and have my bags make it on SQ502?
More than enough. You'll even have time to go visit the lounge or do some shopping or have a meal between the two flights.

(Assuming no significant delay on Sq31, of course).
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I've done the MEL -SIN - LHR journey several times, always with a 65 minute interchange. Even when the MEL - SIN flight arrived 20 minutes late I was able to make the connection. I think Changi staff are extremely efficient at transporting bags (way better than LHR where I recently had a 58 minute gap between disembarking the plane and my suitcase appearing at baggage reclaim!)
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Is the construction still ongoing between T2 and T3 for the skytrain at changi?
If yes, any ETA of completion?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Is the construction still ongoing between T2 and T3 for the skytrain at changi?
If yes, any ETA of completion?
Yes, still ongoing, due to complete some day in 2018.

There is a transit bus that will transport you instead, or you can still use the southern T2 - T3 shuttle train.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:01 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
skytrain between A & F is running, between B & E is replaced by bus (yes can be done airside)
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:35 am

If my flight departs from E, is it faster to Catch the bus or go A-F skytrain and walk to E?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Depends. If arriving in A then the same distance to take the airtrain as the bus and the certainty of an airtrain every few minutes (unsure how often the bus runs).

If arriving in B then the bus will be shorter.

But really there isn't a big difference, even walking between B and E is not too long.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:24 pm

Ok thanks. May even walk
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
But really there isn't a big difference, even walking between B and E is not too long.
If arriving at B8-10 and departing from E26-28 it's certainly quicker to walk via T1.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:53 pm

Thanks guys.

Is there a website I can check a history of arrival gates and departure gates for sq flights?

e.g SQ232 and SQ118

Thanks,
K.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:22 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Nothing useful. Arrival gate depends on the destination of the next flight for the aircraft. Departure will always be a particular airport based on destination (although the future new route SIN-CGK-SYD will depart from a different terminal than all the other Indonesian flights). However, there are lots of possible gates in each terminal.

About an hour before arrival into SIN the connecting gate information will be available on screen under flight path / connecting gates.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:49 am

Thanks

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Nothing useful. Arrival gate depends on the destination of the next flight for the aircraft. Departure will always be a particular airport based on destination (although the future new route SIN-CGK-SYD will depart from a different terminal than all the other Indonesian flights). However, there are lots of possible gates in each terminal.

About an hour before arrival into SIN the connecting gate information will be available on screen under flight path / connecting gates.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
And to just confuse things, sometimes they dock into T1 (the other night I saw SQ 252 coming into a high D gate in T1, adjacent to T2).

But these days, I think if arriving on SQ 232, operated by A380 it will at least arrive somewhere in T3. I think all 380 services now depart from T3.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Arrival gates are not fixed as much as you'd think. They do it a bit differently at Changi - departure destination doesn't always impact the choice of an arrival stand, and arrival terminal is not always guaranteed either (for SQ) - hence bookings no longer show Arrival Terminal.

The best way to guess the gates is as you mention - airline and aircraft type. There aren't as many A380 gates as compared to the other aircraft types so that narrows the choice a bit. T3 has 4x at the A gates and 4x at the B gates.

Last edited by jbfield; Oct 10, 2016 at 8:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.