Wiki Posts
Search

Standard Consumer review of SQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Standard Consumer review of SQ

Its fair to say that us FT's are probably (rightly so) airlines biggest critics, just came across this and thought its interesting to see this kind of viewpoint..

(I am Libra too but hell no would I give my aisle to anyone! )

Last edited by simong; Apr 9, 2006 at 7:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by simong
Its fair to say that us FT's are probably (rightly so) airlines biggest critics, just came across this and thought its interesting to see this kind of viewpoint..

(I am Libra too but hell no would I give my aisle to anyone! )
Thank God I'm a Leo then

A good read..thanks for the link!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
A bit odd. Mentions being NZ airpoints member and having previously tried 3 different airlines flying between UK and NZ, and then goes to say SQ has more legroom.

Rubbish - in economy NZ has the best. TG is also better than SQ.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
A bit odd. Mentions being NZ airpoints member and having previously tried 3 different airlines flying between UK and NZ, and then goes to say SQ has more legroom.

Well - to be pedantic - the reviewer also says that his/her Airpoints dollars account was instantly credited.. I never get SQ miles credited to KF instantly....let alone another FFP.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are also the following:
http://www.epinions.com/trvl-Airline...splay_~reviews
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/sia.htm
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Originally Posted by shortfinals
Well - to be pedantic - the reviewer also says that his/her Airpoints dollars account was instantly credited.. I never get SQ miles credited to KF instantly....let alone another FFP.
I guess she meant not having to get them awarding retro..

the art of when KF miles go in confuses me, on one flight log in on Conexxion onboard and its already done on other several days, including Changi
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:05 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
And then there is this... very telling of what we Singaporeans think of our so called flag-ship airlines... am ready to fly Emirates ...

---------

STI Home > ST Forum Online > Story > Print

April 8, 2006
Watch it. SIA's service is slipping

Dependable, prompt and efficient service have no doubt seen Singapore Airlines through to the top spots in the aviation industry over the years. However, I feel all the hard work in building such a first rate image has gone down the drain.

On more than one occasion on my flights last year, I found the quality of service by the cabin crew to be wanting. The crew served me with broken crockery once and they were inefficient most of the time. This shows how negligent and inattentive the crew had become.

In general, I found the SIA cabin crew to be not genuinely interested in serving passengers well and they were reluctant to provide good service. This should never be the case for a top airline like SIA.

I had previous experiences travelling on Emirates, the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and one of the world's leading airlines, and found its service standards had surpassed SIA's.

Most importantly, it attended to passengers with a smile. I urge SIA to start stepping up efforts to improve its service quality and live up to its name in making every flight a great way to fly.

Kenneth Cheng Jing Wen
Old Apr 10, 2006, 7:42 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
This is especially funny as over in the Emirates forum people are discussing exactly the same issues with crews that don't care and slipping service standards.
Perhaps these carriers are finally succumbing to some of the same forces that have gripped European and US carriers already when it comes to service? Or perhaps passenger expectations are just getting raised a bit too high by all the marketing hype (though obviously not in the case of broken crockery)
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta
We are only vacation type flyers, but in Feb flew coach on the LAX-SIN-BKK and SGN-SIN-LAX with SQ for the first time. While I completely enjoyed the Executive Economy flights across the Pacific, my wife did not because of the time spent in the air without a break. I have a "fear of flying" syndrom, so not have to land and takeoff again was a treat for me. We flew in the rear cabin "full" from LAX-SIN and in the front cabin "1/3 empty" (but Business class was sold out?) and particalarly enjoyed the smaller front cabin. The FA were wonderful on all of our flights, though I'm not sure I'd like flying coach on the 777's coach seats we had from SIN-BKK and SGN-SIN... they were ok for the 2 hour flight on both these routes, but 15-18 hrs would be ugh! even with a break... my wife would prefer the break even with tight seats. I'm not sure that would play out in reality for her however. Would I fly SQ again. In a heart beat and is the extra fare worth it... we paid $1500 for the entire flight and normal coach alternatives were in the $1100-1300 range. I'm just sorry that that Executive Economy as we now know it probably has a "short life" with the newer 777-ER's coming out. Well thought I'd add these thoughts from a non professional flyer. By the way the only weak point seemed to be the ground staff at LAX upon arrival.... when we departed they were extremely helpful and courteous. Still courteous on arrival, but seemed more "under staffed" and less helpful... can't seem to get specific except that luggage took forever... but just a general impression.

As a side note we flew Vietnam Airlines for three short legs on our trip and very much enjoyed our flights and service each time... impressed though interestingly they had business class seats on each flight, but because they were short one hour hops they didn't provide Bus class service and kept those seats empty for each flight rather then selling them like Thai Airways did for a modest upgrade price. But very impressed with Vietnam Airlines in any case.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 9:01 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer

Yeah, she did get a number of things wrong. Such as saying Changi was opened "5 or 6 years ago." It actually opened in 1981.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.