Wiki Posts
Search

Singaporean drinks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
Originally Posted by jhm

Do you mean the FA actually does the "pulling" of the tea in the galley ? Or does s/he cheat by whisking it (as some restaurants here in the UK do) ?
i actually have seen some of the sq stewards doing it in the galley rarely but it can be messy sometimes.

and yeah starG, i do remember now that milo is indeed on the menu.i just never order it.. thank u
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by shortfinals
Well - back to that jingle - it was pronounced "mee-lo" in the malay version, and "my-lo" in the english one.
pronouced mee-lo in Japan as well. Widely available.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Milo is widely available in both NZ and Australia. I've never thought of it as an asian drink!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SQ319
Now, I wonder if I will get a Milo Dinosaur if I ask for one?
I must admit to not knowing beforehand what a Milo Dinosaur is . A quick internet search describes this beverage as a cup/glass of Milo with undiluted Milo powder sprinkled on top.

I dont know about SQ, but whenever I request for a hot chocolate on MH I am always served a cup of Milo with undiluted powder sprinkled on top. Does it mean I have been getting Milo Dinosaur all these while
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:18 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
It's not a decorative sprinkle, but rather a generous scoop of milo.

Then there's Milo Godzilla which is the dinosaur plus a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Some places top it off with whipped cream.

Picture of a godzilla here: http://wineanddine.asiaone.com.sg/de...50703_001.html
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:32 am

Haha, I do apologise for not explaining what a Milo dinosaur is. But to me, Dinosaur is heaven, because I absolutely enjoy eating Milo powder (besides drinking it). I've tried doing my own Milo dinosaur using a pint glass. About 3 packets of instant Milo 3-in-1 is used. That is a lot of Milo powder!

Maybe one day the SQ FAs will put down on their list of "passengers' weird request" - a cup full of Milo powder!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fimo
It's not a decorative sprinkle, but rather a generous scoop of milo.
Thanks for the clarification and link. Though I have spent a good number of years across the causeway, I havent been updating myself with the latest Singaporean creations. Guess I am quite a dinosaur in this respect , will order my glass of T-Rex on my next visit
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:52 am

because I absolutely enjoy eating Milo powder

I do too mmhphf mmphfh!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:55 am

Then there's Milo Godzilla which is the dinosaur plus a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Some places top it off with whipped cream.

And how many trillion times over does the Godzilla have in terms of the US RDA for calorie intake ?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:22 am
jhm
Original Poster

Mmmm, perhaps those of us with the opportunity (unlike myself) should ask in the lounge for a Milo Godzilla made with a scoop of Fauchon.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by shortfinals
And how many trillion times over does the Godzilla have in terms of the US RDA for calorie intake ?
Hmmm.... A Dinosaur would be about 500kCal, I reckon... Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, maybe 800kCal?

Dear all, meet Milo Dinosaur: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/22fe01 (though I prefer him with a heap of Milo!)
Old Apr 3, 2006, 5:09 pm

Hmmm.... A Dinosaur would be about 500kCal, I reckon... Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, maybe 800kCal?

Dear all, meet Milo Dinosaur: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/22fe01 (though I prefer him with a heap of Milo!)

800! That's a bit much for me!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:35 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Hilton HHonors
Actually there're more variations of Milo than just Milo Dinosaur and Milo Godzilla.

Loony
Old Apr 4, 2006, 2:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Loony
Actually there're more variations of Milo than just Milo Dinosaur and Milo Godzilla.
Milo (Hello) Kitty, with 2 cherries on top ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.