Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:05 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by MovieMan
Yes, the (C) slipper lobster thermidor is different from the LT you get in F BTC. Was thinking maybe of something else...
I am thinking of rack of lamb. Seems consistently good, even in J. But of course it's better with regular knife, not the plastic one.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:23 pm
BON

Programs: UA 1K
So, is the Peranakan chicken curry recommended or no? Does anyone have any other suggestions for BTC ex-SIN? I'll be flying SIN-CGK and I have never been impressed by the offering on flights to/from CGK.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:35 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by BON
So, is the Peranakan chicken curry recommended or no?
I liked it. See post #27 in this thread.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 9:42 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by BON
So, is the Peranakan chicken curry recommended or no? Does anyone have any other suggestions for BTC ex-SIN? I'll be flying SIN-CGK and I have never been impressed by the offering on flights to/from CGK.
SIN-CGK I almost always do BTC. Nasi lemak. Nasi biryani. Chicken curry. Chicken rice. Rack of lamb.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:17 pm
BON

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for the quick replies, Movieman and CGK. I'll try the Peranakan chicken curry this time.

Btw, I'm just wondering if one can order Kyo-Kaiseki for a flight to CGK; seems very fancy for 1.5 hour flight.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:31 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by BON
Thanks for the quick replies, Movieman and CGK. I'll try the Peranakan chicken curry this time.

Btw, I'm just wondering if one can order Kyo-Kaiseki for a flight to CGK; seems very fancy for 1.5 hour flight.
Yes you can when you fly F, and around lunch and dinner time...
Old Dec 14, 2005, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by CGK
I am thinking of rack of lamb. Seems consistently good, even in J. But of course it's better with regular knife, not the plastic one.
I'm with you on the lamb. Only complaint is the portion could be bigger.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by 9V-JKL
I'm with you on the lamb. Only complaint is the portion could be bigger.
I've had the BTC lamb once, ex-LHR in F, IIRC. It was pretty good, except for the plastic cutlery breaking... Funny thing was the FA was right there with a replacement, before I could ask for one, as if they were expecting it!

Anyway, will try it again in J tomorrow.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 7:22 am
CGK

Beef sukiyaki ex-NRT is still good. Very tasty and soft. The whole trip, no complaint at all regarding all my BTCs.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MovieMan
I liked it. See post #27 in this thread.
Mee too. Had it on SIN-FRA last time. Very moist and succulent. Not too spicy. Singaporeans would dump Chili sauce on it.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 6:30 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Too much protein and you will all be drinking left, right and center all through the flight... Oh wait... Wrong crowd ...
Old Dec 21, 2005, 8:26 pm
CGK

Btc Sq11 Lax-nrt-sin

I did BTC recently for SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN:

Lunch - Lobster Thermidor
Light meal - Crabmeat Noodle Soup
Dinner - Beef Sukiyaki

They were all excellent. I would say better then the menu choices (see F menu thread). Lobster Thermidor serving was huge. It's better than ex-SIN because of no mushrooms. Beef sukiyaki was very tender and tasty, much more fulfilling than the famous shortribs on UA.

If you are interested to see the pics, here you go:

SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:11 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Fish Assam Manis ex-AMS

I had the BTC Fish Assam Manis yesterday on SQ 323 from AMS. It was good.

I have no idea what kind of fish it was, except to notice that it was white underneath the dark brown assam manis sauce. It was a pretty substantial portion, and with all the other food on the flight it left me stuffed after lunch. The rice was decent, and I had none of the vegetables. I never do. I'd definitely recommend this BTC item, and I might have it again next time. There are a few other items I still want to try.

And although it's not BTC related, dessert on this flight was a huge slice of excellent chocolate cake. I guess it was a Christmas enhancement to the menu... although I certainly wouldn't mind if they made it a permanent feature.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:47 pm

First time going Raffle

Sorry, this might be a very basic question: how does this Book a Cook thing work?

do I just call in and order one of those meals and they will have the rest of the meals (i.e. appetizers, dessert)?

can I order more than one dish?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by FFSaver
Sorry, this might be a very basic question: how does this Book a Cook thing work?

do I just call in and order one of those meals and they will have the rest of the meals (i.e. appetizers, dessert)?

can I order more than one dish?
You can either call SQ to order the dish or do so online if you've booked through the SQ website (available items depend on the city you'll be departing from--you can also check on this online).

The BTC dish replaces the main dish--you still get the regular appetizers, salad, dessert, etc.

If the flight is long enough to be served more than one meal, yes, you can order more than one BTC dish.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.