Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by tub
The Beef Tenderloin is nice but the I found the grilled Norwegian Salmon Steak not so pleasant - it comes drapes in a veloute sauce which I'm not a fan of. But if you like it, it'll be your perfect dish! I've posted this before, but, if you want to see what the BTC food options are, here are a few on my blog (Click here)
Thanks Laurence, very helpful!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by globetraveler
Have 3 upcoming SQ F sectors and debating on BTC. Should we wait and be surprised on board or does anyone recommend ordering in advance?

For the record, we have one dinner flight (4 hrs) and two supper flights (one medium haul, the other long haul) and all in F.

Thanks! ^
It depends on whether you like to be surprised, or you prefer to have everything preordered. It's very much a personal preference.

Since you have 3 sectors, you may want to BTC for 2 sectors and have whatever on board for the third sector or vice versa.

Also you may want to mention which flights you are on, as some of the FTers here may have different experiences with the dishes from various stations.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Originally Posted by tub
I believe the Japanese Kaiseki meals are only served on the legs to and from Japan. If you're doing the SFO -> HKG, you probably wont get it.
There is an option for "Japanese meal" on this sector but I don't think anybody has posted what it actually is yet.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi,

does SQ usually have on their menu in F lobster thermidore or should I pre-book it? Flying JFK-FRA-SIN soon!

thanks
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

does SQ usually have on their menu in F lobster thermidore or should I pre-book it? Flying JFK-FRA-SIN soon!

thanks
Hi. No - lobster thermidor is not typically on the inflight menu, so if you really want that dish, you should pre-book it :-)
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

thanks
It's a BTC item and never on the regular menu, AFAIK. You need to order it at least 24/48 hours in advance.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:09 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
We are booked in SQ Suites on the A380 AKL-SIN in two weeks. From what I can tell there is not BTC option. Is that correct? What should we expect for meals?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by In The 216
We are booked in SQ Suites on the A380 AKL-SIN in two weeks. From what I can tell there is not BTC option. Is that correct? What should we expect for meals?
Check out the F menus which can be found here. Plenty of AKL-SIN menus in First Class. Suites menus will be similar.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t22179619.html
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:15 am
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SQ319
Check out the F menus which can be found here. Plenty of AKL-SIN menus in First Class. Suites menus will be similar.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t22179619.html
Thank you!

Quick follow up. With no BTC option available, there is a lunch and a dinner option available to choose a special meal. My partner does not eat seafood and there is a non-seafood option available for both lunch and dinner. Any idea what the choices may be if I order him a non-seafood option?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: free agent
Hi y'all, it'll be my first SQ F trip this Feb (SIN-FRA-JFK). I admit that I'm overwhelmed by BTC choices, but I'd try some singaporean cuisines out of SIN. Should I go with Chicken Rice or Prawn Chicken Laksa (i assume those foods are considered to be top 2 or 3 meals out of SIN)?

If I read correctly, I should consume lobster meal during FRA-JFK segment? Any suggestion will be welcome and here's my tentative plan -

SIN-FRA Supper - Chicken Rice
SIN-FRA breakfast - Nasi Lemak
FRA-JFK brunch - fillet of veal
FRA-JFK lunch - lobster thermidor
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Hi y'all, it'll be my first SQ F trip this Feb (SIN-FRA-JFK). I admit that I'm overwhelmed by BTC choices, but I'd try some singaporean cuisines out of SIN. Should I go with Chicken Rice or Prawn Chicken Laksa (i assume those foods are considered to be top 2 or 3 meals out of SIN)?

If I read correctly, I should consume lobster meal during FRA-JFK segment? Any suggestion will be welcome and here's my tentative plan -

SIN-FRA Supper - Chicken Rice
SIN-FRA breakfast - Nasi Lemak
FRA-JFK brunch - fillet of veal
FRA-JFK lunch - lobster thermidor
Not going to help you much...but I did this flight earlier in the year and had the lobster ex-Sin and ex-FRA. preferred the ex-Sin version. meat was more tender and the sauce tasted better. but both were really good.

chicken rice...I had eaten several cheap versions that were excellent on the ground, that I wasn't tempted to order it on the plane.

I was disapointed by my lamb rendang ex-FRA. tasted like a tomatoey curry with meat that was a bit on the tough side. Also, the dim sum for breakfast was gross.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:55 pm

I don't know what I did wrong, but my flight in Business class next October 2017 LAX-NRT-SIN then SIN-MLE, but when I select meal I don't see any option except "stand meal, diet meal .e.t.c" anyone experience this?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
I don't know what I did wrong, but my flight in Business class next October 2017 LAX-NRT-SIN then SIN-MLE, but when I select meal I don't see any option except "stand meal, diet meal .e.t.c" anyone experience this?
BTC doesn't become available until 6 months before the flight.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:48 pm

Book the Cook

I am flying to SIN in nine days time, First in A380 Suites, and thought I would like to try the 'book the cook' option. I can pull up the menu offerings but when I go to 'Manage my booking' cannot move on to make a booking. Is there a secret to using this service?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by gbs1112
I am flying to SIN in nine days time, First in A380 Suites, and thought I would like to try the 'book the cook' option. I can pull up the menu offerings but when I go to 'Manage my booking' cannot move on to make a booking. Is there a secret to using this service?
You pick up the phone and call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.